Discuss Do you know what these pipe connections are? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

AJO

Hi all

I moved into a new house last year and under the kitchen sink the pipework has what looks like 2 filter connections but I have never seen these before and having ploughed through the internet I can't find any products that look similar. Even went into a couple of stores including Selco and Wickes asked staff and no one had a clue.

Does anyone know what they are? I want to know if its something that needs regular replacement, new parts etc.

Thanks

Plumping 1.jpg
Plumping 2.jpg

Thank you. So they just stay attached permanently and no regular action is needed for them. Thought they were some sort of water filters and softener. Oh well.

Thank you. So they just stay attached permanently and no regular action is needed for them. Thought they were some sort of water filters and softener. Oh well.

As the guys have said it's an anti-flood device. There is hose within a hose and if the inner hose bursts, the outer hose fills with water eventually reaching that "control box" looking thing which has some kind of float valve I believe and that shuts off the supply to the leaky hose within.

Also incorporates a scale reducer.

One of the reason I thought it might by a water softener is that when I first moved in the water was clear. Washing glasses and cutlery left no water stains which I used to get a lot in my old house in the same area. Its a very hard water region. Now seem to get more and more water stains which us why i thought it maybe something that needed replacement/new filter etc.

Can't quite work out why the water seemed the first few months but now hard again. How can i confirm if it has a scale reducer?

Reply to Do you know what these pipe connections are? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good afternoon, Just looking for some general advise, I'm renovating my kitchen and need to disconnect my kitchen sink pipes while I re-plaster...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hello everyone. New to the forum and looking for assistance / advice. I live in a rented house with a not very co-operative landlord. I have just...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I would really appreciate your eyes on these pictures - What do you see ? Does anything look strange about the Rockwool insulation to...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock