Discuss Do professional plumbers use tapes to seal leaks? in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Everyone,
I was wondering whether a professional plumber would use a tape to seal a leak temporarily so you have time to actually carry out the repair/ purchase parts?
How often do you use a tape for sealing a leak temporarily?

What type of tape would you use for this kind of job?
Duct tape?
Self-infusing tape?
High grab adhesive tape?

What specs or key things do you need to look out for to make sure you buy a good patching tape? Or do you just buy any stocked at a merchant?

If the s.a. tapes dry and you pull tight enough while winding it on it shouldn't need a jubbly clip!
I pull it tight. Then it doesn't stick all that well and reverts to it's original length. Perhaps not good tape, but it'll have to do till I finish the roll, as it's something I use very rarely.

Duct tape
Hi Everyone,
I was wondering whether a professional plumber would use a tape to seal a leak temporarily so you have time to actually carry out the repair/ purchase parts?
In the case of temporary leak - why not? I often use duct tape, when the leak is little or slightly noticeable. But if the plumber is trying to seal a pipe with a serious leak, I think, it might be more wondering for you.

no serious plumber would ever use a tape to fix a leak.******.
When the water is pouring out of a frozen/burst distributing pipe, the isolator won't isolate and there are 25 gallons in the cistern waiting to drain through a mixer tap at 6 litres per minute, would you hold it against a plumber if he were to temporarily to seal the leak with tape? Surely not!

I recently thought that it was time for me to redecorate my bathroom. If I haven't yet resolved the issue with plumbing and a plumbing company, then with regard to tiles, then here I found a great option. This is the Tile Reglazing Queens company that very quickly put the tile in order, made it brighter, glossier. Moreover, it came out very quickly and on a budget

Reply to Do professional plumbers use tapes to seal leaks? in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone. I hope this is the right section to post this, so here goes. If not, my apologies, newbie here. I am removing a radiator in my...
Replies
Views
R
Hi All Permit me to introduce you to the the Johnson Magnetic Filter. Designed and built in the UK by registered gas engineer Neil Johnson, from...
Replies
Views
smtplumbing
S
R
Here's the back up poll for people who were ineligible for the free boiler, but nevertheless put pen to paper in an orgy of rhyming couplets and...
Replies
Views
Masood
M
Aladdin EasyFit Isolator Review Newly renovated house with no isolation valves anywhere, and I mean anywhere. stopcock in the street was...
Replies
Views
Barry98
B
S
I've had a very stressful and upsetting experience with a plumber that I employed after seeing good reviews for him on a trade website. I...
Replies
Views
T
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock