Discuss DIY Replumb Heating system in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

S

Sandy Rivers

Hi, I'm after some advice for a current system which I'm looking to replumb. Our house has had various extensions of heating system with newbuild extension and other additional rads over the years and now the system is inefficient and doesn't heat up consistently. In the extension, because the builder used microbore the flow rates in what is a large system don't pass through the end radiators, consequently not getting very hot, and only working if half the rest of the system is turned off.

I'm wondering if its worth replumbing it all to make sure the system is consistent all the way round. It's a Worcester system boiler 30kw.

see link for my drawn up plan https://bit.ly/3tBHW6U

28mm main feeds, 22mm at main split round north and south of house and then 15mm rad feeds I've planned for.
I wonder if the returns should take the shortest route to boiler rather than joining a run around the whole house?
The yellow radiators are downstairs which Is too difficult to alter off the upstairs system at this stage.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Reply to DIY Replumb Heating system in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a problem where 2 downstair radiators are not heating up the same as the rest of the radiators around the house, now previously i had...
Replies
Views
I need to extend my central heating from my newly built extension in to the old part of my house. I need to feed 3 rads in separate bedrooms on...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I'm currently working on a job for a customer. their radiators are not all heating up. in total there is 12 radiators. 4 of these are...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have 3 port value for HW & CH. Loft extension added many years ago so they added a T to go upstairs, only 2 rads up but 11 downstairs...
Replies
Views
I am repiping my whole house and changing from combi boiler to a 30kW system boiler & 250Ltr or 300Ltr unvented indirect hw tank. Can somebody...
Replies
Views
Back