Discuss Diverter valve issue? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all, my Warmflow boiler is firing up when set on ‘hot water only’ (and no demand), the radiators then get really hot but there’s no hot water.
The actuator on the diverter valve turns and the valve itself isn't seized.
We've had two engineers look at the boiler but despite changing almost everything neither can get it working correctly.
I appreciate a diagnosis is near impossible without seeing it but any suggestions on what to try next?
Many thanks.

Is this diverter inside the boiler? Can you isolate the flow valve underneath, then try the hot water?
Thanks for the reply.
Yes it’s an external self contained boiler.
Is that the valve I’ve arrowed?
9826518A-723B-49B1-AE60-E4BA291B7CF9.jpeg

Right, what I’ve suggested won’t work - that’s a 3 port mid position valve. So it’s either a wiring fault, or the valve/actuator head. Might have to be one for the oily’s.

Right, what I’ve suggested won’t work - that’s a 3 port mid position valve. So it’s either a wiring fault, or the valve/actuator head. Might have to be one for the oily’s.
Cheers. If I manually open the actuator, it moves to the close position when HW is switched on, the boiler fires but heats the rads, while no hot water.
That’s what made me think the valve may not be physically closing the CH supply.

Reply to Diverter valve issue? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a heating system comprised of skirting radiators that form part of a loop from the boiler, round the house and back. Some rooms get...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi,

Our heating stopped working today. We've got a Veissmann boiler that's under a year old, and an older Megaflow cylinder, and two diverter...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the...
Replies
Views
Trying to find out exactly what happens when my system boiler is called to supply the radiators and hot water cylinder at the same time. For...
Replies
Views
Back