Search the forum,

Discuss Diverter Valve Operation in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Trying to find out exactly what happens when my system boiler is called to supply the radiators and hot water cylinder at the same time.

For example today, whilst the boiler was on heating the water, the room stat triggered the boiler to supply the rads. The diverter valve installed in the airing cupboard with the pump and cylinder, is set to auto.

It sounds reasonable that when both functions are being fed, the rads might not heat up quite as quickly. Would be grateful if that could be confirmed, or whether that shouldn’t be happening. Thanks

Yes the rads may take a smidge longer to come upto operating temp due to the hot water circuit being shorter and less resistance

I’m guessing you have a 3 port mid position valve ?

Just one other quick one. What happens if you set the diverter valve to manual?

On a mid position it opens the flap upto centre so both ports get a bit of flow

Yes, that's the one, thanks. As a matter of interest what happens if you have the valve on manual.

It heats both at the same time

Reply to Diverter Valve Operation in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock