Discuss dis connecting a gas cooker! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mooey

hi all just wondering if you need to be gas safe to dis connect a gas cooker

No, but if you re install in different location or reconnect different cooker you must be gas safe.
Gas hobs, always gas safe.

Last edited:
not if its just to clean behind the cooker and to be reconnected the same day.

then, you have to be sure there is no leak before and after and the hose is in good condition!.

if its copper pipe/hard fixed then no you cant.

.......and what he said lol.#

however, if your a plumber and not gsr as i suspect is why your asking, then are you pretending to be so by being paid to remove it??????? thats another question!!

Last edited by a moderator:
depends what's meant by disconnect??

as said removed by home owner to clean decorate behind, put back quickly - ok.

is it to be permanently removed?
personally I would be fitting a plug or capping the pipe.
hopefully that's self explanatory as to who should do that

the important thing is just one word................ WORK

if you are doing so as part of your work then you must be competent in the eyes of the law.

if you are doing so to clean behind your own cooker then this is not work and fine.

on some contracts they may train other trades to be competent to do it, im not sure what type of training this involves tho.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to dis connecting a gas cooker! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Hi all I need to run this CH pipework to a radiator located beyond the electric wiring in the image below. Just to be safe I was wondering if...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock