Search the forum,

Discuss Digital Radiator thermometer to balance radiator flow and return in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Marty32

Good morning

Could anyone advise on where to buy a sensibly priced digital thermometer with the clamps/clips to attach to the rads flow and return pipes to balance the radiators?

Thanks very much

Mart

Thanks Joshi - definitely not over the top as if you wanna do a sound job you want to have the right tools!

I mentioned this dual-channel thermometer a while back for balancing radiators. Some thought it was a bit OTT!

Dual Two Channel 2 K-Type Digital Thermometer Thermocouple Sensor 1300°C 2372°F | eBay

You can attach the thermocouple tips to the pipes with insulating tape.

The thermometer can display each temperature separately or you can use the difference function to make balancing easier. It also does Max, Min and Average.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Digital Radiator thermometer to balance radiator flow and return in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Morning all, I have a Worcester Bosch 8000 life 40kw boiler on system with 7 radiators and the boiler is located in the loft of a 1907 end of terrace house. It has been range rated down to 50% and I currently have the flow temperature set to 64, due to slow warm up. I recently purchased a...
Replies
Views
Simon from Watford
S
Morning all, I have a Worcester Bosch 8000 life 40kw boiler on system with 7 radiators and the boiler is located in the loft of a 1907 end of terrace house. It has been range rated down to 50% and I currently have the flow temperature set to 64, due to slow warm up. I recently purchased a...
Replies
Views
Hello folks I've moved into a property last month and started to note things that may need looking at. Some of the radiators on the ground floor aren't getting very hot, I've had a few passes of balancing to no avail, In light of the above, I took a look down in the subfloor yesterday to take...
Replies
Views
I am trying to workout in what order my radiators heat up in order to then balance them. I am able to figure out which radiator pipe is the flow/return on each radiator so that I can then grab the right pipe to check which heats up first. There has been an extension done on this house at some...
Replies
Views
R
Wb 4000 recently installed, and just balanced the rads with around 16 degree delta across most rads. I'm trying to make sure that the return temperature to the boiler are less than 55 degrees to ensure condensing is occurring. But in the service menu it only shows the primary heat exchanger...
Replies
Views
Return temperature
R
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock