Discuss Digital manometer. B in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

stings27

Gas Engineer
Hi all.
Probably should have posted in tools , but who has one ? Was thinking of investing but I’m still a little ‘ old school’

How 'Old School'?

You sound like your 'Pre - Old School '

Which is Prehistoric!!

Take the leap and upgrade yourself with a new toy.

Be warned, the accuracy of them can cause you grief with pressure drop and gain due to changes in temperature and sunlight on the gas line.

You'll never look back when you get one

I use my FGA but keep the U-gauge handy incase it's required 😉.
I did once struggle to find a fault with digital as all seemed OK but something didn't seem right so got u-gauge out and was immediately clear that pipe was waterlogged. Digital had been smoothing out, pressure bouncing all over.

They do say that water never lies. The trouble is of course that the quality of some manometers these days is pretty poor. I recently ordered one and when it arrived, it had a semi opaque plastic tube. What use it that? tubes should be crystal clear. Digital is also good for making assessments of tightness with larger installations.

Reply to Digital manometer. B in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just an update to anyone who was following the thread on this site: Tify to gas engineer, what will it take? I got a DM from a user asking for an...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon all, First time posting on this site. I’m need of some opinions from Gas engineers if possible. My house is 1930s (I think). I...
Replies
Views
Hi thank you for letting me join this forum . We have an air to water heat pump but the bungalow is piped in micro bore 10mm pipe which doesn’t...
Replies
Views
Hi I’m a 20 year old in Northern Ireland, since I’ve left school I’ve been at home farming. But now I’m looking to to pick up a trade, I was...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I hope you are well. Need some advice on this boiler and fault. E229. Went there and condensate was totally blocked so cleaned it and...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock