Discuss Did I get ripped off? - Shower mixer replacement by local plumber in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Looks “ the pits “ , but if you asked for the valve replacing , well , thats what hes done.
To make the whole job look as it should , its a different job altogether and TBH would cost a shed load more.

I mean I'm not an expert at plumbing prices but surely adding these chrome plated valve caps would've done no harm? It was actually included with the shower head mixer!

Screenshot_20190407-165854_Chrome.jpg

if the pipes are long enough we dont know why / what trouble hes had

Whoa!
Fact is, the contract is plumber to landlord. As a tenant you have NO right to criticise the plumber because you were not party to the contract between them.
I fully agree the job is quite horrible, but your ONLY route is to complain to your landlord NOT on here when not one of us knows any other detail.
I'm sorry to be blunt, but as a reasonable person you will understand this perspective.
Speak to your landlord and explain how you are unhappy with what has been delivered. Personally, if your LL is tight then youll have no joy. All of us on here have extensive experience of landlords.

Whoa!
Fact is, the contract is plumber to landlord. As a tenant you have NO right to criticise the plumber because you were not party to the contract between them.
I fully agree the job is quite horrible, but your ONLY route is to complain to your landlord NOT on here when not one of us knows any other detail.
I'm sorry to be blunt, but as a reasonable person you will understand this perspective.
Speak to your landlord and explain how you are unhappy with what has been delivered. Personally, if your LL is tight then youll have no joy. All of us on here have extensive experience of landlords.

I totally agree with you however the landlord allowed me to find the plumber myself so it's all down to me and nothing to do with them or else I wouldn't be posting on here for advice. I will call him back and try to ask him to redo the job properly with the valve caps without trying to charge me extra.

I mean he already charged me £120 with spending only 40 minutes on the job?!! So he has no excuse.

You've already been told cleaning up the mess will be more! This means you'll be trying to rip off a tradesperson. How can you justify that?

He wouldn't have had to clean up the mess in the first place if he had done his job correctly so tell me how the hell am I trying to rip him off by asking to redo a job that he MESSED UP!

As you can see in the picture, the old mixer has the circular caps and the after doesn't. That's my only point. All I wanted was the sealant to be covered. Surely charging me £120 wouldn't have been an issue to install those caps in the first place??

Before and after.jpg

different type of fixing thats why hes done what hes done else it means ripping the tiles off

Reply to Did I get ripped off? - Shower mixer replacement by local plumber in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi All. My Aqualisa Aquavalve enclosed mixer shower valve leaked and gave way and I am looking to replace. I am looking for recommendations what...
Replies
Views
Hello! Im Martyn Im new here and have joined for some advice on a couple of things. Ive got an issue with a Mira mixer shower that has...
Replies
Views
Hi all, can someone get to the bottom of this before I call a plumber, en suite shower started leaking from the mixer bar so took the shower off...
Replies
Views
Hi learned friends. A "plumber" has installed a shower for my daughter. However it doesnt look right. This part circled isnt on any pictures I've...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock