Discuss Did I get ripped off? - Shower mixer replacement by local plumber in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi guys my first post on this forum.

A plumber came in to replace our shower mixer as it lost water pressure over the year from limescale blockage I believe!

The plumber managed to install the new shower mixer however it looks extremely botched! Please have a look at the picture and tell me what you think.

He CHARGED me £120 for this replacement.

All he did was change the mixer without installing the new valves and cover plate which he said didn't fit.

What do you guys think?

Much thanks.

IMG_3558.jpg

There's only a need to replace the broken part otherwise there would be a lot more cost for making good, but that does look a bit low for a wall mounted mixer shower. Normally at that height the hose comes out the top.
If you want to have the wall plate replaced too you could specify that but it wouldn't come in so cheap.

You are right it is low, but the old shower mixer has been in that position for the past 15 years of living in this house. I thought paying £120 would at least include the valves, I mean it only took him an hour? Bare in mind our landlord ordered the parts to our house so all the plumber did was change the shower mixer.

I just expected him to at least cover the white sealant with shower mixer cap, which is the main thing that I'm annoyed about..

Looks “ the pits “ , but if you asked for the valve replacing , well , thats what hes done.
To make the whole job look as it should , its a different job altogether and TBH would cost a shed load more.

Reply to Did I get ripped off? - Shower mixer replacement by local plumber in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi All. My Aqualisa Aquavalve enclosed mixer shower valve leaked and gave way and I am looking to replace. I am looking for recommendations what...
Replies
Views
Hello! Im Martyn Im new here and have joined for some advice on a couple of things. Ive got an issue with a Mira mixer shower that has...
Replies
Views
Hi all, can someone get to the bottom of this before I call a plumber, en suite shower started leaking from the mixer bar so took the shower off...
Replies
Views
Hi learned friends. A "plumber" has installed a shower for my daughter. However it doesnt look right. This part circled isnt on any pictures I've...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock