Discuss Danfoss trv sticking pin - How to get white controller off? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jaymack

For the same cold radiator last year, a called out plumber freed up the pin within a few minutes. I have tried to get this Danfoss control knob off, the black part on the end comes off easy, but I can't remove the bigger white part with the red numerals - I, II, III and IIII etc. There seems to be a spring holding this in place, after freeing up the control knob by turning it ACW past the OFF point. Apparently, the pin has stuck again from being unused, but I can't see clear instructions nor can I find the model number, which I think is an older one. I have taken photos but the only information on the end plastic cover is Danfoss, (no model number etc). As this appears to be an easy task, I want to DIY, if possible, any help out there?

You got one like this?

picture1et.jpg

If it keeps sticking, there is only one convenient cure. Get a new valve fitted.

Pin stuck oldest problem in the book, do like Croppie says change the valve, if you don't, do like he says again, take the valve off with an Allen key and tap the pin loose yourself, do a plumber out of an high tech job, leave the valve fully open in summer if you can then it won't stick in the close position.

Last edited by a moderator:
Many thanks for all the help. I assume that the Allen key is in the ring on the left hand side as the photo, I did suspect that is an Allen screw, now to find the right size! :sweatdrop:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Danfoss trv sticking pin - How to get white controller off? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My kitchen radiator is filling with hot water despite my TRV being set to 0. It's blazing at maximum. This goes for the rad when I try two...
Replies
Views
M
Hi all I've just moved into a new (although not "new build" new!) home and have a question about the heating/water system that I hope someone...
Replies
Views
marty50
M
A
Hello, Sorry for the long post, but I think detailed information will help you in providing maximum input! I live in a 3 bedroom, 2...
Replies
Views
P
I know this is a danfoss ras-c2, pic attached, but how do I take it off? The reason why I want to is because it's not isolating the radiator. Have...
Replies
Views
gasmarc
G
Back