Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Danfoss trv sticking pin - How to get white controller off? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jaymack

For the same cold radiator last year, a called out plumber freed up the pin within a few minutes. I have tried to get this Danfoss control knob off, the black part on the end comes off easy, but I can't remove the bigger white part with the red numerals - I, II, III and IIII etc. There seems to be a spring holding this in place, after freeing up the control knob by turning it ACW past the OFF point. Apparently, the pin has stuck again from being unused, but I can't see clear instructions nor can I find the model number, which I think is an older one. I have taken photos but the only information on the end plastic cover is Danfoss, (no model number etc). As this appears to be an easy task, I want to DIY, if possible, any help out there?

You got one like this?

picture1et.jpg

If it keeps sticking, there is only one convenient cure. Get a new valve fitted.

Pin stuck oldest problem in the book, do like Croppie says change the valve, if you don't, do like he says again, take the valve off with an Allen key and tap the pin loose yourself, do a plumber out of an high tech job, leave the valve fully open in summer if you can then it won't stick in the close position.

Last edited by a moderator:
Many thanks for all the help. I assume that the Allen key is in the ring on the left hand side as the photo, I did suspect that is an Allen screw, now to find the right size! :sweatdrop:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Danfoss trv sticking pin - How to get white controller off? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock