Discuss Customer - quote for new boiler element in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Khris50

Hi there,

I would appreciate some advice from the experts here.

I've just received a quote from my letting agent for the following work to be carried out on my water tank:

New immersion heater £84 inc element. Dual stat for cylinder £55.65 total drain down of hot water and central heating plus refit radiator £199.20 labour = £338.85

I remember getting just the element changed years ago and it didn't cost this much or take that long to complete. But this was in a different property.

Does this seem like a fair quote for the work required? I'm based in the south west so I'm aware that labour prices can be subjective.

Many thanks .

Chris

I mean a stat plus immersion to replacing could take a while it all depends where the stat is located bottom or top. If that's bottom it's takes a while until drained. I assume he charged that much for time as it's quite time consuming when draining cylinder.

If that's the top one it shouldn't take that long. But re fit a radiator sound well too much for me I'd charge around 100£ inclusive re piping but then again

How is the installation does has to re fit a radiator like for like or re piping how is the floor like easy to take boards off to install the pipes under the floor ? It all depends on how much work it is sometimes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am southwest and don't think that price is overly high considering 40 quid or so add on from your letting agent

Sounds right to me.

By the sounds of it you have an unvented cylinder so it's not just replacing the parts and refilling, it's doing all the safety checks afterwards.

Besides which you haven't said whether or not the element is accessible. He may have to completely disconnect the cylinder to get at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Customer - quote for new boiler element in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock