Search the forum,

Discuss Cscs cards in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bantamgas

Hi folks.

As a reasonably new gas eng/plumber which CSCS would i have to apply for.A lot of companies/jobs are specifying this requirement for work with them but I haven't a clue exactly which one I require.
Thanks in advance.

if you have your nvq level 2 and are gsr im preety sure you can apply for the engineers gold card but dont quote me on that, have a look at the jib website or give them a call they will point you in the right direction.

There's the hvac heating and ventilation, or the plumbing and gas which I recently did.

Hi, I think you will find that if you are GSR you do not need a CSCS card as you are safety trained as part of your gas training.

not been asked to show my cscs card in a while, alot of big sites its a must though

Hi, I think you will find that if you are GSR you do not need a CSCS card as you are safety trained as part of your gas training.

I think you would be better to research this as you may be disappointed when turning up at a large construction site. If its not got CSCS on it, you might not get in.

Last edited:
im gsr and i have to show my cscs card on every building site i attend.

Phone CSCS and they will advise you on what card to apply for they will book your health and safety test and fill all the application forms in for you and send them out to you for you to sign £30 for your card and £17.50 for your h&s test.call 0844 576 8777 (8am – 6pm Monday to Friday, excluding Bank Holidays)

The gas safe card does cover you but not all firms/ safety officers Know it. As we all know safety officers stand just to the right of Hitler and you cant argue, if he says he wants a CSCS card then you must have it.

I cant get my head round that a gas safe card covers you for CSCS.
CSCS is a basic health and safety test to make sure you know about site rules and basic health and safety. Having a Gas Safe card doesnt mean you know how to work on a building site, some guys having this card may never been on a building site having only worked in domestic properties for example.

Having a gas safe card does not mean you have any idea of basic gas safety or how a boiler works from what I have found with the latest batch of newbies on the streets, IMHO of course

Having a gas safe card does not mean you have any idea of basic gas safety or how a boiler works from what I have found with the latest batch of newbies on the streets, IMHO of course

Very true

The gas safe card does cover you but not all firms/ safety officers Know it. As we all know safety officers stand just to the right of Hitler and you cant argue, if he says he wants a CSCS card then you must have it.

are you sure on this one,mines expired and got to sort it out next week,be good if true

i applied for the white gas cscs card from jib.
if you are gas safe registered you need to get a cscs form signed from a plumbing firm supervisor or a plumber with a cscs card to confirm you know the safety stuff. your gas safe number and fee

Plumbers and Gas Engineers have to answer extra questions on the cscs test with regards to their trade and will be issued the relevant coloured card to their trade/qualifications.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cscs cards in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, I'm sniffing around what to expect of getting a job in plumbing. My job makes me redundant at the end of September. The whole warehouse...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I am a junior plumber based in South East London (Zone 1), but can get to most areas quite easily. In terms of Qualifications I have...
Replies
Views
I’m finding it hard breaking into the industry. I’m a trainee plumber living in London Hello, I'm a trainee plumber who lives in London who's...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone i'm currently seeking a Plumber mate job. I'm currently living in Croydon London and i have a City& Guild level 1 and 2 Diploma.I...
Replies
Views
D
I have been given a quote to fix a noisy tap. Apparently they have to “replace breech to main shower” — which I understand to mean the thing...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock