Discuss Cp12 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

topdog

Gas Engineer
Hello everyone,
Did a landlord safety today, just a query regarding kitchen wall units from gas hob,
Should be a minimum distance of 460mm from Worktop to underside of wall cabinet, but was 25mm short. (435mm).
What would the experience people on here do in this situation,
any help or advise would be appreciated, Just want to cover my back or am I being too fussy
Many Thanks
John Paul Wolfe
topdog

Any signs of distress and its AR, if there isn't any then its NCS.

Thanks everyone, No signs of distress, but being a kitchen fitter and know a gas engineer,
Things like this worry me...If anything ever happens to them.
Also had to shut off their gas fire. SEE PIC....REAL PEBBLES USED
Will take your advise Rob Sale, just to cover my behind.
Many Thanks again Guys & Dolls
topdog

SEE PIC....REAL PEBBLES USED. Customer said why are you cutting my fire off (LOL).
2013-02-05 17.03.30.jpg

If there were sign of scorch marks then it's ID.

Its AR according to the unsafe situations book that I have. You certainly cant go round At Risking hobs with incorrect clearances and no signs of distress, by your logic every NCS becomes AR to cover yourself.

Its AR according to the unsafe situations book that I have. You certainly cant go round At Risking hobs with incorrect clearances and no signs of distress, by your logic every NCS becomes AR to cover yourself.

you just contradicted yourself there, by proving that I was right by saying it was AR according to you unsafe situations book.

Hello everyone,
Did a landlord safety today, just a query regarding kitchen wall units from gas hob,
Should be a minimum distance of 460mm from Worktop to underside of wall cabinet, but was 25mm short. (435mm).
What would the experience people on here do in this situation,
any help or advise would be appreciated, Just want to cover my back or am I being too fussy
Many Thanks
John Paul Wolfe
topdog

do you mean hob to bottom of cupboard unit should be 760mm not 460

760mm is from the bridging unit directly above the hob
The units left & right of the bridge unit is 460mm from worktop to bottom of units.
Many Thanks
topdog
In my gas safety handy guide its AR if signs of distress, if No signs then its NCS......
Until they put a chip pan on it & then what....LOL

2013-02-05 17.15.24.jpg

460 min from work top to bottom of wall unit IF wall unit edge is in line with edge of hob, if less than 460 then wall unit edge should be 50mm back from edge of hob
760 is min height above hot plate to combustible material

you just contradicted yourself there, by proving that I was right by saying it was AR according to you unsafe situations book.

No, its AR with signs of distress. No signs of distress then its NCS

There is nothing wrong airing on side of caution though, that what i was tuaght.

I don't agree with erring on the side of caution it is what it is, the skill is KNOWING, taking that to extremes I should call a pipe with not enough clips AR instead of NCS invade it breaks and gas might come out, or even more extreme just make every fault ID to ensure nothing goes wrong that I can be blamed for but that isn't professional or acceptable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cp12 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock