Discuss council boiler flue terminating into next doors garden in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stratplus

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Pair of semis slightly stepped back from each other. Boiler in kitchen, flue runs straight off back of boiler to outside. Outside is next doors property (rear). flue terminal approx 200mm from next doors property. Someone has added a plume kit.
MI’s state 600mm from boundary.
Any thoughts?

Pair of semis slightly stepped back from each other. Boiler in kitchen, flue runs straight off back of boiler to outside. Outside is next doors property (rear). flue terminal approx 200mm from next doors property. Someone has added a plume kit.
MI’s state 600mm from boundary.
Any thoughts?
Is it passing everything and did you get access to inspect the terminal?

200mm ????

Would need to see it for me to comment properly mate. What was it about it that you are unsure about?

Would need to see it for me to comment properly mate. What was it about it that you are unsure about?
Never known it before. Not unsafe but takes boundaries to other properties to a whole new level. Both owned by council but can’t be right surely?

Frowned upon but there are lots like it. I had to AT RISK a suprima the other month, in the same situation but private and the neighbour wouldn't let me through to check the terminal as I had not made an appointment.:mad::mad:

Frowned upon but there are lots like it. I had to AT RISK a suprima the other month, in the same situation but private and the neighbour wouldn't let me through to check the terminal as I had not made an appointment.:mad::mad:
There was a gate between the two properties out the back (strangely) so inspection wasn’t a problem. First I’ve came across tbh

One rule for the council, another for everybody else. Contravenes Building Regs, nevertheless the council are those in charge of enforcement. Just make sure you record and inform as required to cover yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to council boiler flue terminating into next doors garden in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
Im aware of the regulations that say you can not position a flue on a boundary wall if this blows into your neighbours garden, but does this still...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just noticed a damp patch around where my boiler flue exits through to outside wall along with a rusty colour around the collar of the...
Replies
Views
We live in a terraced row (SW London) and our neighbours are currently in the process of finalising their extension. There is a potential...
Replies
Views
Hi All I own 2 flats and the upstairs/first floor tenant has contacted me to say that the toilet and basin are slow at draining and she thinks...
Replies
Views
D
Hi I have moved into a older semi bungalow it contains a Boulter 50/70 non condensing oil fired boiler the flue is illegal as far as I know being...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 113202
D
Back