Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

2. WARNING! We do NOT provide advice related to Gas or other fuels to people who are not currently an official registered Heating Engineer. Do NOT ask for advice related to boiler repairs or installs. You need to find a heating engineer instead.

Either seeking or providing advice on UKPlumbersForums.co.uk may result in your account being suspended or removed. These rules are in place to prevent deaths, which can easily occur from messing with heating systems when you're not qualified to do so.

Discuss Core Drill for boiler flues mainly in the Gas Safe Register Forum - Public Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Trev

Trev Guest

Hey Guys,

I'm after a decent core drill for drilling mainly stone and brick for boiler flues where the clutch won't keep packing in (like on my old Makita). What do you recommend?
    I've been looking at the Marcrist DDM2, anyone got any experience with them?

2. Roger Welton

Roger Welton Plumber GSR

Have the DDM2, excellent drill, though someone mentioned that they are discontinuing them.

3. happyflyer

happyflyer Guest

Trev,

You gas safe, don't think you can drill the hole, you can stand and watch a Gas Safe engineer do it... needs to be falling the right way. +- 0.346 of a degree

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hybrid

Hybrid Guest

Not sure if serious .

• Like Like x 1
  5. happyflyer

happyflyer Guest

Many a true word spoken in jest, only a Gas Safe man would know, says nothing on the drill does it??:dita:

6. Hybrid

Hybrid Guest

Given some of the nonsense posted by some I had to ask lol!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Trev

Trev Guest

Yes I am Gas Safe. Not sure how I go about showing it on these forums!

A shame, it looks a good bit of kit. Like I say I've been using a makita but the clutch has gone on it a few times now so i've lost faith in it. Any recommendations on any other drills if thats discontinued?

8. dancinplumba

dancinplumba Trusted Plumber GSR

Ddm 3 ?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Billy Bob Bob

Billy Bob Bob Guest

well this gas safe man his losing his patience with your BS ramblings keep trolling the forums and i will give you a free,permanent holiday

• Like Like x 4
  10. SimonG

SimonG Trusted Plumber

The blokes new to the forum and asking a serious question.

Now where's Dancin with the ddm3?

• Like Like x 3
  11. Dotty

Dotty Guest

Unless I beat you to it!

Now that's 2 mods warned him in open forum.

Next steps a long one!

• Like Like x 3
  12. TBServices

TBServices Guest

I have a DDM2 and its awesome. I would get the DDM3 if I was buying again.

Also they the DS150 to attach drill to and make your life easier.

13. PETE 123

PETE 123 Active Member

Over the years ive gone for cheap drill when broken chuck away. Ive given up trying to win this situation as to either spend a lot for a good drill or buy cheap and have it break quicker

14. TBServices

TBServices Guest

DDM don't have a chuck, just a thread to screw cores on.

15. dancinplumba

dancinplumba Trusted Plumber GSR

137.jpg

Ooo here it is :)

• Like Like x 3