Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Copper pipe for tub faucet loose in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

D

Deleted member 120188

Hello, I had to removed my tub faucet yesterday and after removal I noticed that the copper pipe sticking out of the wall spins freely. It doesn't come out (I have not tried to pull with much force) but I am concerned the solder behind the wall is broken and it will leak. Am I way off with this assumption? To access behind I will have to destroy the large tile it comes through and am trying to figure it out before I go any further, any thoughts or options are welcome.

Thank you

It could be into a push fit connector, which spinning freely is normal. If it was on a soldered joint doing as you describe, it should be gushing out.

Reply to Copper pipe for tub faucet loose in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello All, I have an issue and hoping someone could shed some light on the problem. We have been getting a smell coming up in the bathroom...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, hope all is well! I’ve fitted a compression cap on two of my shower mixer copper pipes (15mm). One of them has scratches and burring and is...
Replies
Views
P
Hi, in order to replace the solenoid on my shower I need to take it off the wall (bad shower design). I've got all the electrics disconnected...
Replies
Views
Hello, the edge of the end of my bathtub leaks when I am about 3 minutes in the shower. The faucet is on the opposite side. What could be causing...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock