Discuss Connect Kitchen tap to dishwasher water inlet hose in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ankurgupta26

Hello,

I don't have enough space under my kitchen counter. Hence I need to place dishwasher near the sink and would like to know how can I connect the dishwasher inlet pipe to kitchen tap.

dishwasher inlet pipe will be standard dimension

I read somewhere that threaded 3/4 connector can be used to connect kitchen tap to water inlet hose. However, I am unsure if this will work. And, hence looking for your advice.

Thank you
Ankur

washing machine valve and plumb the same as one

Do you mean you need to take the air seperate out and replace with a male iron reducer from 3/4 to what ever

I am a novice to plumbing and looking for ways how i can connect dishwashers inlet hose to my kitchen tap.

I am a novice to plumbing and looking for ways how i can connect dishwashers inlet hose to my kitchen tap.

Bit difficult to make sense of your question, are you simply asking how to plumb in a dishwasher by attaching dishwater inlet pipe to pipe that feeds sink tap (15mm) ?
If so, I'd say shaun answered your question. The 3/4 thread of dishwasher will fit to valve of standard washing machine valve 3/4 to 1/2..... Probably got wrong end of stick, if i have, any chance of photo? lol

Mate, without sounding demeaning, get a plumber in. Just reading between the lines of your two posts I can see you're out of your depth.

Thank you for your reply. I have attached picture of kitchen tap, kitchen tap adapter (3/4 threaded adaptor) and water inlet hose.

So I am planning to buy compact dishwasher that will be placed on top of kitchen counter. And, the water inlet hose of dishwasher will need to be attached to kitchen tap (not pipe) using some type of kitchen tap adaptor.

so looking for suggestion on what type of adaptor do i need to use or will this work?

Sorry if I was unclear in earlier post.

kitchen tap.jpgKitchen tap adaptor.jpgwater inlet hose.jpg

Thank you for your reply. I have attached picture of kitchen tap, kitchen tap adapter (3/4 threaded adaptor) and water inlet hose.

So I am planning to buy compact dishwasher that will be placed on top of kitchen counter. And, the water inlet hose of dishwasher will need to be attached to kitchen tap (not pipe) using some type of kitchen tap adaptor.

so looking for suggestion on what type of adaptor do i need to use or will this work?

View attachment 22069View attachment 22071View attachment 22070

nope and get a plumber in

the only way to do this correctly is to get one of these 64656.jpg
which goes on the pipe feeding the cold side of the tap

View attachment 22069View attachment 22071View attachment 22070

I thought this is what you meant. You can unscrew the air seperate on the tap outlet and put that fitting in the middle in. Will probably need some ptfe on the thread of the connector though.

The Best option would be to do as others have said to be honest and get a plumber in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Connect Kitchen tap to dishwasher water inlet hose in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock