Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Confused about BSP thread size in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pophops

Hi. I'm a new member so please be gentle with me!
I have a narrowboat and have been experiencing some problems with the exhaust leaking fumes.
I have fitted a new flexible coupling because the old bellows had split but now find that the silencer has rusted through and needs replacing.
I need to identify the correct thread so I can order the right silencer. I've undone the unions at each end but it's difficult to measure exactly the diameter of the threads in the confines of the engine hole and the silencer bracket is rusted solid so I'll need to do some more work before I can remove it..
The thread diameter on each end of the silencer appears to be around 2 1/4" (57mm) - difficult to be precise. The confusion arises because the nuts on both unions are stamped 1 1/4" on one of the flats and incidentally are stamped 'GC' on another. the nuts measure approx. 2 5/8" across the flats.
Could anyone identify for me what size of fittings these are?
Thanks for any replies.

Welcome along mate, you only need to post once as the moderators may see this as spam

The threads would be 2" ;
[DLMURL]http://www.floconfilters.com/images/bsp_new.jpg[/DLMURL]

GC may be Gas Council possibly a gas approved fitting.

1 1/4" doesn't make sense

How old is the boat?

Last edited by a moderator:
If your narrowboat is as old as the one my sisters lives on then it could be any thread, reckon over the years we`ve found every imperial and metric threads known to man.

Do Halfords still sell those dunk in water and wrap around exhaust repair kits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Confused about BSP thread size in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

In short: Do suppliers sometimes list BSPT as BSP? I need a tee, 22mm each end with a BSPT in the middle for an expansion vessel to dangle from...
Replies
Views
I am trying to source adaptors/reducers for the below taps for my renocation We have the tap ware currently but Union adaptors are needed to fit...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
T
Hi, I want to fit an immersion heating element to my hot water tank (water is currently heated by gas). I'd like to buy it before I start draining...
Replies
Views
R
Greetings, esteemed community members, I find myself in possession of a remote and highly inaccessible plot of land, devoid of any utilities. On...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have recently purchased a bsp adapter for a npt pipe, the pipe has a 3/4" male end (thread size). The 3/4" adapter has a female opening of...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock