Discuss CONCERN AROUND PLUMBING METHOD in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Shouldn’t really have fittings under floor where they will be inaccessible. I would insist on soldered on both sides

Most of you would hate new builds then. Plastic fittings are perfectly acceptable under floors and that pipe work is fine imo.

Yes copper is more accepted as the better method but they haven’t done anything ‘wrong’ here.

The pipe does look strained though,IMO.

Seen many many badly soldered joints weeping too, push fit is ok to use, looks like your man has taken advantage of a notch in the joist to slot the plastic into and it’s a tad too close to the top for the bulky pushfit elbows.

Appalling, and yet done using simple to use plastic pipe with push fit.
They could have drilled the joists and installed pipes without leaving strain on them.

Most of you would hate new builds then. Plastic fittings are perfectly acceptable under floors and that pipe work is fine imo.

Yes copper is more accepted as the better method but they haven’t done anything ‘wrong’ here.

I'm a copper man myself but you are 100% right the fittings if installed right are not a problem. I've used plastic on numerous occasions mainly new builds etc and I very rarely have a problem with it.

It's just copper is neater and looks more professional.

JG specifically state you should not stress any joint. Whilst you can 'set' plastic pipe its tendency is to return to its reel form so eventually it ends up 'stressing' the joints. The also say each can accommodate 5 degrees from straight without compromise. I would not do what the installer has done there simply to save two elbows.

It looks like the notch in the joist is not deep enough (but cutting it deeper may not be an option depending on the size of the joist). If it was in soldered copper it looks like it would be fine. He could have drilled the joist but not under the notch obviously.

Reply to CONCERN AROUND PLUMBING METHOD in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, We're in the process of upgrading 2 bathrooms in our house: the ensuite and the family bathroom. These adjoin one another. The ensuite is...
Replies
Views
Hi I've recently had a new bathroom installed. I've noticed when I flush the downstairs loo there was a hammer type noise under the bathroom...
Replies
Views
Hi I've got water hammer issues with my cold feed and some with the hot feed. When the cold sink tap, cold bath tap and thermostatic shower in...
Replies
Views
Morning All, Just after some advice as I have been asked to plumb in a sink and washing machine waste for a new kitchenette. The other side of the...
Replies
Views
Hi all Relatively inexperienced homeowner here. Apologies in advance if I get any terminology wrong. Today I noticed some limescale accumulation...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock