Discuss CONCERN AROUND PLUMBING METHOD in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, my bathroom fitters installed this plastic pipe as a feed to the new radiator, i'm slight concerned because it is bent over the wooden beam and at a strange angle. We're having a tiled floor so i'd hate for a leak and have to rip up the tiles. Can anyone advise whether this should be cause for concern?

Thanks,

Screenshot 2019-05-24 at 17.14.15.png

Screenshot 2019-05-24 at 17.14.27.png

That is just poor workmanship. It may not leak, but if it was my bathroom I would want it properly aligned so that there is no strain on the “o” ring speed-fit style joints.

Obviously there is the risk that some one nails through the pipe if the floorboard is not clearly marked when it is reinstalled

Thank you Brambles. Am i within my rights to ask him to change it? I assume the correct method would be to drill through the beam and put a straight piece in?

He may not change it, but would express your concerns to them. I don’t see any reason why copper was not used when it has been on the other pipe? This would be able to overcome the issue, imo.

I wouldn’t like that under my floor , especially if its tiled . The pipe is fine but both elbows will be stressed and knowing them things they may decide to unscrew themselves.

The other pipe is copper because it was already there from the old radiator, it’s only the fact that the new radiator isn’t as wide that they’ve had to put that plastic piece in. Hopefully they will change it if I ask nicely!

Reply to CONCERN AROUND PLUMBING METHOD in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, We're in the process of upgrading 2 bathrooms in our house: the ensuite and the family bathroom. These adjoin one another. The ensuite is...
Replies
Views
Hi I've recently had a new bathroom installed. I've noticed when I flush the downstairs loo there was a hammer type noise under the bathroom...
Replies
Views
Hi I've got water hammer issues with my cold feed and some with the hot feed. When the cold sink tap, cold bath tap and thermostatic shower in...
Replies
Views
Morning All, Just after some advice as I have been asked to plumb in a sink and washing machine waste for a new kitchenette. The other side of the...
Replies
Views
Hi all Relatively inexperienced homeowner here. Apologies in advance if I get any terminology wrong. Today I noticed some limescale accumulation...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock