Search the forum,

Discuss Company "guaranteeing" work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Biggal5

Hello,
I've just moved into a new area and looking to find work relatively quickly again. I've replied to an email from a company claiming to have 300+ properties on their books needing annual gas/plumbing maintenance work... (Boiler repairs, CP12's etc) I've rang 'em and checked out their website& seems fairly confident their legit.. But just wondering if anyone on here has gone down that road before and found it to be a scam.? Their obviously looking at money up front other than commissions on the work done.?! Much appreciate any of your thoughts... Thanks

Scamtastic, loads of threads about various (or maybe the same but under different names) doing this, they'll want cash up front for work that will never materialise.

Don't send any money to them, as said loads of threads on here about these types

Hello,
I've just moved into a new area and looking to find work relatively quickly again. I've replied to an email from a company claiming to have 300+ properties on their books needing annual gas/plumbing maintenance work... (Boiler repairs, CP12's etc) I've rang 'em and checked out their website& seems fairly confident their legit.. But just wondering if anyone on here has gone down that road before and found it to be a scam.? Their obviously looking at money up front other than commissions on the work done.?! Much appreciate any of your thoughts... Thanks

You've got more chance getting money from that Nigerian Prince that keeps emailing you.

Thanks.. Yeah after writing that I done abit of research on here about it and came up with tons of threads.. Cheers though.. They sound so good tho.!! Would've got me alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Company "guaranteeing" work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had a call to a 82 Old man, he paid these £300 up front for a years cover, and I find out on arrival he's been waiting for 3 weeks, no heating or HW.. ( I had to dig backwards from the customers phone number he had) . Turns out the email for invoice i asked for is fake, dont reply to my text...
Replies
Views
Hello all. I've just joined, was going to post in the new members forum, but the first site generated email sent me here... I am here, as have a challenging and interesting problem, which I'll try as best to describe below keeping to the point and as short as possible, to avoid boring any of...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Was looking for some advice as I've been looking online for answers but can't seem to find any relevant ones, maybe as there's a couple different aspects to the question I'm asking. I'm a sole trader, predominantly fitting kitchens & bathrooms, fair bit of call out work for leaks etc...
Replies
Views
Hi, Need some advice about a soil pipe in 1966ish built ex-mod property. We have suspected but not be able to prove that since some heavy vibration from Pilling for a school across the road was done that our soil pipe has cracked, we are 99% sure it's cast iron from what neighbours have said...
Replies
Views
Dear all I’m a home owner looking for advice. I recently had a power flush which was unsuccessful at clearing a blocked pipe. I do appreciate these things are not guaranteed. My question is does time taken reflect on outcome? The reason I need to understand this is the company employed...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock