Discuss combination cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

johnpb

Hi, I have a combination cylinder in small holiday home, the water storage tank fills up quite slowly which sometimes causes it to run out while using the power shower. How can I speed up the flow? is it as straight forward as replacing the ball valve or can anyone suggest how to sought it out?

Fortic/combination cylinders are not designed to be used with a pumped outlet due to the low cws.

wattsie1987 is spot on, no where near enough cold water storage for a pumped shower in a combi cylinder, the mains will not be able to keep up with the flow rate coming out of the shower!

You could try putting a low pressure seating in the ball valve, it may improve matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to combination cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

R
  • Question
Hi, am getting our bathroom updated and local company suggested ditching our traditional attic CW tank/vented cylinder and pump for the shower and...
Replies
Views
Background I have a small one-bedroom flat in the roof space in a victorian house. There are three floors below and each floor has a single...
Replies
Views
Hi, am getting our bathroom updated and local company suggested ditching our traditional attic CW tank/vented cylinder and pump for the shower and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a hot water cylinder which feeds 3 outlets (kitchen sink, basin in bathroom & bathtap) which has never had very good pressure (probably...
Replies
Views
I had my indirect hot water cylinder removed a few days ago and the central heating boiler and pump is turned off at the fuse spur right next to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock