Discuss Cold radiator in extension in the Ireland area at PlumbersForums.net

I live in a 3 storey 5 bed house. Moved in beginning of March.
Every radiator is hot bar one - the double 2m wide 700 high one in extension. Had a heating engineer come out in May, clean system and fit magnaclean.
My system is a pressurised cylinder which is on the top floor.

I took that radiator off today and flushed with hose and clear water came out. Fitted rad back, bled system and put the pressure back up to 1.5. Every rad is still hot bar the one in the extension.

the pipe work is 10mm plastic and a new pump was fitted in May. I hope that helps

Yeah checked all that and was fine. I used to be a builder so I kind of know the basics.
[automerge]1606643964[/automerge]
Sorry I also meant to say that the top gets like warm where the bottom stays cold

Does it get hot if you shut down all other rads? If so - balancing issue most likely.
If not :

Check that it has a flow and a return, and that it doesn’t have two flows (or two returns) -you’ll need to trace the pipework back to where it tees in - I know it’s unlikely but I have come across it twice.

Reply to Cold radiator in extension in the Ireland area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Sorry if question already answered in previous posts, but I can't find a solution to the below: We recently moved house to a new home that...
Replies
Views
Hello, We had an extension built seven years ago. Initially the builders' plumber connected the heating to the house system but this didn't work...
Replies
Views
Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I noticed this winter my living room rad only get hot in the top half. Radiator is 1600mm(DP SC) double panel single convector. System...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock