Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss closing up shop - selling contents of van in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andekoch

I closed the business a while ago and kept the contents of the van. This is now taking up space that I could use better so am selling it, preferably as a job lot. I also have some electrical stuff (if you have any sparky mates who might be interested).
Lists attached with current prices to give an idea of value.

I am open to offers so how about half of cost ie £300 for the plumbing stuff.
(£800 for the electrical stuff).

Clearly collection only.

Attachments

• sale inventory - plumb.pdf
    7.7 KB · Views: 104
  • sale inventory - elec.pdf
    10.3 KB · Views: 32
Done village. Sent you a msg with contact details.

Thanks M8, but I'm afraid payment will be by cheque so the tax man doesn't get on my case. If you're happy with that, it's a deal. BTW, I am just round the corner from you, so collection is not an issue. I might even have a chat with a local spark I know and ask if he is interested in the other bits (assuming it's not gone).

Thanks M8, but I'm afraid payment will be by cheque so the tax man doesn't get on my case. If you're happy with that, it's a deal. BTW, I am just round the corner from you, so collection is not an issue. I might even have a chat with a local spark I know and ask if he is interested in the other bits (assuming it's not gone).

You did offer 300 cash ;)

Cheque is ok but needs to clear first. As gassafe said you did offer cash. I can give you a receipt if you like. Clearly stuff is sold as seen with no guarantees.

But why?! Take the cheque, that'll teach him!

Was more than willing to collect. But seller says it has to be cash or cheque has to clear. Fair enough. His comments: Happy to call it a day, no hard feelings'. Again fair enough. I try to encourage my customers not to pay me cash. But that's not the point. The way I look at it, it's a business transaction and I generally use my bank account cheque stub to prepare my accounts, then use receipts to confirm that it ties up. So just so we are clear on the matter, I didn't call off the arrangement. Seller said he is happy to call it off if I'm not going to pay cash as I posted. Or I can pay cheque then collect when cheque clears. Well, I'm sure there will be others interested.

Was more than willing to collect. But seller says it has to be cash or cheque has to clear. Fair enough. His comments: Happy to call it a day, no hard feelings'. Again fair enough. I try to encourage my customers not to pay me cash. But that's not the point. The way I look at it, it's a business transaction and I generally use my bank account cheque stub to prepare my accounts, then use receipts to confirm that it ties up. So just so we are clear on the matter, I didn't call off the arrangement. Seller said he is happy to call it off if I'm not going to pay cash as I posted. Or I can pay cheque then collect when cheque clears. Well, I'm sure there will be others interested.

Calm down dear I'm only pulling ya leg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to closing up shop - selling contents of van in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A...
Replies
Views
    • Informative
Why am I not surprised? Britain’s gas network still using engines from 1960s RAF fighter jets Ageing aircraft turbines will cost millions to...
Replies
Views
    • Optimistic
Hello All, I know that this is a question for a Forum Moderator and probably should be posted in a section about the Forum itself but I was...
Replies
Views
Where the black polyethelene service line enters this particular structure is by far the most freeze-prone area. The structure is an elevated...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock