Discuss circlip on pillar taps? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

anthony44

Could someone please tell me what the circlip on a pillar tap does. Cheers

it stops the tap top inner's from screwing down instead of the bottom inners screwing up,without it the tap will not work correctly

imho

yeah it stops the internals of the valve moving so the actual washer moves

Why you ask?

Thanks guys.

I have just cleaned up the tap, and put a new o-ring in it, but as I was finishing the circlip fell out!!! The screw on top of the tap has threaded, and so I can't remove the tap head. This means that the cover that goes over the nut that connects the tap spindle to the tap body doesn't come off fully, and so I can't get the circlip back in place. (slightly complicated to explain!! do you know what I mean??)
Any ideas??

is that tap a branded tap or is it a budget B and Q china jobby?

If its branded, best bet is to get a new tap valve off the manufacturer

If its Band Q then its time for a new tap me thinks

Could someone please tell me what the circlip on a pillar tap does. Cheers

Many thanks for asking that one - I've often wondered myself!

Mind you, I've been careful to ensure I've replaced it properly as I suspected there was a good reason for it!!

New tap valves - even easier - and nice fresh new tap workings to boot. Take old valve with you to merchant with the handles and covers, hand it to the oldest wisest owl there, grunt in his general direction and watch as he wafts off down the corridors of spells and fairies and returns with a nugget of purest gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to circlip on pillar taps? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
quality product wanted, my 1/4 turn kitchen sink tap inserts need replacing and i am looking for ones with a spindle gland nut, rather than a...
Replies
Views
Pete Williams
P
I'm a council tenant and my bathroom basin is broken and needs replacing, it has standard pillar taps. Do you know if councils would ever replace...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm having an issue with my outside tap not working, the tiniest of dribbles comes put each time I try it. Ive changed the tap to no avail...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm going to be fitting a tap like this one: And just wanted to check that this is the correct part for connecting to 15mm copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock