Discuss Chrome pipe waste in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stevie12345

Hi i'm currently plumbing in a new sink which has a chrome waste trap and pipe. Unfortunately I've just noticed that the chrome pipe is 30mm not 32mm and so the rubber ring for the 32mm compression fitting just falls off and even when I tighten it up the pipe is by no means water tight. THe chrome pipe fits snugly in a solvent weld fitting (in the end that normally slides into joint. I presume i couldn't attach it in here with solvent weld? Could i just put a layer of sealant around it and fix it with that? Is there a better way of doing it? Thanks

http://www.mcalpineplumbing.com/media/cat/72.pdf
You can't use solvent weld it is not a glue it actually welds the two bits of plastic together so will not work on metal.
Have a look at the link if you or a good plumbers merchants can't come up with the correct adapter then contact McAlpine directly with the external diameter of your piece of pipe & they will have something, they always do.
Don't try to bodge-it it ends in tears.

I don't know if this is the case but in the past when I have fitted chrome traps, the supplied length of pipe has a different diameter at each end, the smaller to go into the trap and the 32mm end to go into your waste pipe compression fitting.

Hi thanks for replies. Unfortunately it's the same size all the way along. Been to plumber merchant and no help! hmmm

I read on here that when this happens and you don't want to put a compression coupler in the wall, you just wrap ptfe around chrome waste until a 32mm solvent weld coupler fits it and then do as normal..use solvent cement.

Have not tried it yet though

Try a poly pipe m+f push fit elbow. They have a large multi fit seal inside.

Try a poly pipe m+f push fit elbow. They have a large multi fit seal inside.

Yep that's the way to do it! Could buy them in b&q. Put elbow in wall and tile upto it, push in chrome And then slide bezel over it! Sexy as oot! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377037741.464759.jpg

Hope this helps just pulled vanity out in guest bed for the pic.

I read on here that when this happens and you don't want to put a compression coupler in the wall, you just wrap ptfe around chrome waste until a 32mm solvent weld coupler fits it and then do as normal..use solvent cement.

Have not tried it yet though

Ruff :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Chrome pipe waste in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm trying replace a basin waste and I cannot get the chrome ring attaching it to the trap undone. It's not a nut so using a wrench with rag...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, I am plumbing in a double basin sink based on the first pic that I mined from a Reddit thread. (happy to accept suggestions on if this is...
Replies
Views
I have a CH boiler installation with a nice simple vertical condensate drain, down and out through the wall to a pipe outside. All is as it...
Replies
Views
Evening all. Not sure if this is the most appropriate place to post this in the forum, happy to move if not. I'm looking for a metallic 32mm...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock