Discuss Christmas Arguements in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
You must be one bored bloke!

I'm afraid he is not.
Bad news though is that they got naught. But truth of the matter is by the evening of Xmas day, I felt extremely embarrassed. Honestly.
I was first one up and went downstairs hitting the bottle & trolling UKPF. At around 8am, the youngest got up and started screaming: 'it's christmas, it's Christmas'. He woke his brother, then their mum and all came downstairs. Presents were pulled out from under the tree (by youngest son) and placed infront of everyone. Two presents were placed infront of me. I was then told to open one of my presents which I did.
Any way, to cut a long story short the two presents were from the boys. For the rest of the day, missus kept asking me: 'where is my presents? Only thing I got was from kids, where is one from you?' It got so bad I had to ask her to shut up (in absence of kids of course). Did she get me anything? NO. Besides, kids had asked me for money a week before Xmas so they can buy presents. So in a way, may be I bought the presents indirectly?
One thing is for sure though. Next year (if the good Lord spares my life), I'm going all out to satisfy everyone.
My MIL, who had been hinting all along to me that she wanted a slow cooking rice cooker got naught as well. Not even a visit? She hasn't spoken to me since? I will surprise them next year. You just wait & see.

Sounds like you`ve been touched by the spirit of Christmas and I for one am glad, what may I ask what was the one thing for such a drastic change of heart?

I'm afraid he is not.
Bad news though is that they got naught. But truth of the matter is by the evening of Xmas day, I felt extremely embarrassed. Honestly.
I was first one up and went downstairs hitting the bottle & trolling UKPF. At around 8am, the youngest got up and started screaming: 'it's christmas, it's Christmas'. He woke his brother, then their mum and all came downstairs. Presents were pulled out from under the tree (by youngest son) and placed infront of everyone. Two presents were placed infront of me. I was then told to open one of my presents which I did.
Any way, to cut a long story short the two presents were from the boys. For the rest of the day, missus kept asking me: 'where is my presents? Only thing I got was from kids, where is one from you?' It got so bad I had to ask her to shut up (in absence of kids of course). Did she get me anything? NO. Besides, kids had asked me for money a week before Xmas so they can buy presents. So in a way, may be I bought the presents indirectly?
One thing is for sure though. Next year (if the good Lord spares my life), I'm going all out to satisfy everyone.
My MIL, who had been hinting all along to me that she wanted a slow cooking rice cooker got naught as well. Not even a visit? She hasn't spoken to me since? I will surprise them next year. You just wait & see.

Good for you dude, even if you don't particularly agree with it. You have to play along for the families sake. A lesson I've well learnt, life is so much easier when you comply.

Good for you dude, even if you don't particularly agree with it. You have to play along for the families sake. A lesson I've well learnt, life is so much easier when you comply.

Ahem to that Leo, anything (well almost anything) for an easy life.

Sounds like you`ve been touched by the spirit of Christmas and I for one am glad, what may I ask what was the one thing for such a drastic change of heart?

Seeing the misery my wife seemed to be going through because she got no present from me. It made me hit the bottle even more. To make matters worse, she indicated that I got her nothing on our anniversary? Women. There's no pleasing them. I'll like to see the look on her face next year. In all earnest, I think I realy need to change. My SIL bought me a Work Radio last year, then gave missus a present to give me this year (haven't opened it yet?). I got her nothing all these years, but then again, I service her boilers for free

I hope you at least gave her a cuddle. They are free.
If you didn't go give her one :santa3:

Seeing the misery my wife seemed to be going through because she got no present from me. It made me hit the bottle even more. To make matters worse, she indicated that I got her nothing on our anniversary? Women. There's no pleasing them. I'll like to see the look on her face next year. In all earnest, I think I realy need to change. My SIL bought me a Work Radio last year, then gave missus a present to give me this year (haven't opened it yet?). I got her nothing all these years, but then again, I service her boilers for free

Me thinks you could still make amens by doing or giving them something special as a new year present(s). After all why wait another 12 months!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Christmas Arguements in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock