Discuss Christmas Arguements in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've hardly painted a good picture of yourself though, you've had similar reactions to all the other personal (ie unsure why they were even posted on a plumbing forum) threads you've started by various different people.

Your often ignorant, have no respect for your wife and blantently have no time for her, but expect your meals on the table when you walk in after a days work. Actually, that's not true, because you get meals made but they are not up to your standards so you cook yourself and then complain on having to do so.

You wear the trousers, your wife gets put in her spot when trying to make decisions.

You've obviously mis-understood the average relationship in the vast majority of cases. It sounds like neither of you have respect for each other or enjoy spending time with one another so until one of you can move away from the stalemate your at now you'll both be unhappy.

I've got first hand experience of relationship issues and I realised that if you really want to make it work you have to change yourself rather than be pig headed and expect her to change. A bit of give and you might get a bit back which is the start of making things work.

You have to ask yourself if you do really want it to work though or if your just to scared to be alone.

P.S I still think your tight.

Last edited:
My missus is like a kid on Xmas day, she loves it, gifts, food the lot. It's a really special time for her and our family. I would be devastated to see her face if I hadn't bothered to get her anything. It's not all about the money either, I just think exchanging presents is a nice thing to do.

Imagine when your missus's friends ask her what she got? I'd be so embarrassed if it were me, but each to their own

Christmas Arguments: Does not say Christmas Argument. I simply started a thread about a conversation with my missus and the whole point was for others to share similar arguments on same day or make fun of it as they so please.

Words That Send shivers Down Your spine: Again was relating to comment(s) that my missus had made, and just wanted others to share experiences of words that sent shivers down their spine or words that they think can send shivers down ones spine.

In both cases, I was not asking for sympathy. My missus can and do go on a 'tanjent' more often than is necessary, but after 20 years, I know her enough not to bother about it. If she wants to walk, she is welcome to. She makes the comments, then says she is sorry. So in reality, it doesn't bother me that much. As for the counseling, if she wants to go, then it's up to her.

As for being tight, eerrrmmm, I'm surely not and do not consider money issues a must. If you want a good example, when pinklady asked me round to look at her bodged boiler job, she wanted to know if any other RGI could sort it and provide a Compliance Cert? If so, could I do it as she has lost fate in the fitters? I went to extremes encouraging her to keep communication lines with them open and to give them the opportunity to sort it out, failing which, I could help. If I was more interested in the money aspect, I would have jumped at the chance.

Today, we have been out visiting relatives. And for all the nieces, nephews, cousins, they each had £20 towards their Xmas present. It definately put a better smile on their faces than if I had gotten them a present they will end up binning. What will my missus say to her friends regarding present I got her? ''Nothing. He always gets me nothing, just gives me money and ask me to buy what is needed?'' So I'm not perturbed.
Someone mentioned earlier that I leave home early in the morning and do not return till late at night. WRONG: I drop my kids off to school on at least THREE days out of the five. Sometimes four days. And I also pick them up from after school play group at 5:45pm on at least three days a week. Sometimes all five days. I miss out on some work as the customer wants me there latest 8am, as they can leave me to it and bugger off to work. I tell them they will have to get someone else as my work times are: 10 am to 5 pm. Some custards come round and drop off the keys or tell me where to find it. Tight with money, NO, m8 not me.

Can we not just close this thread now. No more needs to be said. VI can do what makes him happy and we can do what we want. End of.

Christmas means many different thi gs too many different people in this day and age. Im an atheist pure and through but still respects other peoples religion and right to practice .

For me christmas is about goodwill to all men and women. Its not about money . I may have spent over 500 bar on the missus but the gift she loved the most was personalised coffee mug . Its the small things in life that mean the most

Moral of the story I suppose is don't bring stories of your personal life onto a public forum and expect a response that isn't anything to do with what you've written.

hope everyone enjoys the rest of the break, I'm enjoying spending some time with my daughter. It's not often I get too for the whole day, she's hard work at times but wish I'd made more time for it throughout the rest of the year, they grow up so fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Christmas Arguements in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock