Search the forum,

Discuss Christmas Arguements in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

village idiot

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Missus handed me my presents this morning, then asked, ''Where is the present you got for me?'' eerrmmmm, I've got nothing for you.

She says I do this every year and she fails to understand why? It doesn't matter how small the present is, it's the thought that counts. She claims. Well, I've not even open the presents she bought me

I can't see anyone's Missus being happy not receiving anything for Xmas. It ain't about how much you spend. Just a little thought can go a very long way

well, in as much as that is a true statement, I did inform her a very long time ago not to buy me anything for xmas. It's not my fault she did not listen. BTW, even the boys (7&9) got nothing from me, except my presence.
They will get plenty from the January sales, assuming one can trust it's actually a sale?

I can't see anyone's Missus being happy not receiving anything for Xmas. It ain't about how much you spend. Just a little thought can go a very long way

I have tolerated the wife's family for several days now and a couple more to follow so that is present enough........although we treated ourselves to a Bosch laser tape ( who says romance is dead )

And your relationship is on the rocks v.i? To be honest I feel sorry for her. From some of your posts you treat your lady and mother of your children like dirt!

well, in as much as that is a true statement, I did inform her a very long time ago not to buy me anything for xmas. It's not my fault she did not listen. BTW, even the boys (7&9) got nothing from me, except my presence.
They will get plenty from the January sales, assuming one can trust it's actually a sale?

Not even the kids? Seriously! My kids are a pain, but they still get something.

Not really the point is it bud? Sure, save the big purchases till the Januagry sales but a couple of little fun or playful things to unwrap on Xmas is part of what makes the day special....

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad i'm not a fly on the wall in your house, seems like a lovely atmosphere.. Bet your one of those chaps who work on rather than go home to your family!!

And your relationship is on the rocks v.i? To be honest I feel sorry for her. From some of your posts you treat your lady and mother of your children like dirt!

APPlumbing, you are getting me worried. How is it you're quoting her verbatim? Surely, I need some support here, why are you on her side?

APPlumbing, you are getting me worried. How is it you're quoting her verbatim? Surely, I need some support here, why are you on her side?

For many reasons. But mainly because there are thousands of blokes wishing they could be at home for Christmas with the family and you have that but seem to be acting like a git. Mainly.

Not defending V.I because like some have said his supposed actions aren't appropriate considering the blessed situation he is in.

But let's consider this guys, we all have different circumstances for one reason or another! Who are we to judge one mans actions over ours!

It's Christmas guys, let's not let something as trivial as this wind us up & spoil your day!

Just saying.

What do you think your kids are going to remember from there childhood? My dad didn't buy us presents, all there friends will get presents.
And doesn't your good lady deserve anything? She obviously thinks you do!
Xmas is a right rip off yes, but it's not your kids fault.

Even my dogs got a treat today? Ok it's sort of a treat didn't burn them with cigar after luncheon. Not getting your kids or mrs owt is shocking! My mrs is a funt to buy for she has everything she wants but still expects a surprise! Wouldn't dare surprise with nothing!

I reckon this is a wind or or atleast some manly bravado (or I hope it is)

my dad is a real mans man and we all went the pub today before dinner and he told all his mates he didn't get my mom anything. When in reality she had nearly 700 quid spent on her split 3 ways between me, my dad and my brother.

Admittidly I went into town and bought everything, but the bill was split 3 ways and they both knew what we had bought her.

In reality even though my dad is definitely the man of this house, he hasn't got the balls to not get my mom anything for Christmas :)

for some reason, I think some blokes think its cool or whatever to act like they don't treat their wives or girlfriends on birthdays and Christmas etc.

before I was single I bought my ex whatever she wanted (and I mean whatever) and that ended badly and left a real sour taste in my mouth, but you know what, I'd do it all again tomorrow :)

as for not buying children, that's horrible. And if that's true then shame on you sir :-(

Weird how this thread started about Christmas arguments and looks like it may create one.:santa1:

happy christmas.....

Missus handed me my presents this morning, then asked, ''Where is the present you got for me?'' eerrmmmm, I've got nothing for you.

She says I do this every year and she fails to understand why? It doesn't matter how small the present is, it's the thought that counts. She claims. Well, I've not even open the presents she bought me
Is that how you were treated when you were young ?? How sad............you are causing so much pain......shame

Whatever happens between VI and his missus the kids shouldn't bear the brunt of it. Xmas is about spoiling the kids first and foremost IMO. I never had Christmas as a child as my parents are Muslim but I make sure my daughter has a good Christmas so she's not left out when her mates talk about theirs...

grand daughter of 11 weeks got more gifts than anyone else. daughter in law went to see her parents she hasnt talked too for several weeks for whatever reason, to much to go into on here, but xmas is xmas season of goodwill and all that. Sorry for vi and his problems, but it shouldnt affect the youngsters as it scares for life, what you do to them as youngsters! and his MRs did buy him a present or two so why not look to a better future at this time of year, pop out on boxing day?

Pause for thought.

How ironic that I should just see this on Twitter.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 130
When asked what I want for Xmas I always say nothing and I do mean it. I say spend it on my kids or yourself. I don't need much as I make a good living and even then give it away. Just like my old man used to.
That doesn't stop me spending fortunes on my young ins,other half and parents as these are the people who truly make my life what it is.

You spoilt them all? Peas pudding and ham? I just take them down beach and let them keep what ever sea coal they find for their own fire in their room ! Xmas spirit n all. Usually just have a nice fire in my office.

Tiny tim coming on leaps and bounds now, can almost recall all the words to fog on the Tyne ( gazza version obviously)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, this is the problem though!!! If I give the missus money to spend over the Xmas period, I'm of the opinion that I've done my bit. I'm generally not good with shopping, but the kids get 'presents' from me all the time. If I was out and found anything that I consider they NEED, I buy it regardless of the cost.
Besides, as I'm home this festive period, we all went out shopping yesterday. Guess who handed the plastic at the tills in all the shops? Muggins here. Ok, I did not choose anything or take anything off the shelf but the final bill was paid by myself.
Mad for presents, though I bought none for the kids, I'll like to assume that if she is a good wife, she will tell the kids that the presents are from 'daddy & mommy'. There're over 20 wrapped packets under the Xmas tree. Friends, neighbours, family members etc were bringing presents up to last night. So the kids have plenty to open, even though not from me per se. They will get plenty in the new year.
BTW, I'm lying down here with the missus resting her head on my lap while we watch Downton Abbey. I hate the programme but as its Xmas, I'm watching it with her. I just hope she'll not keep plying me with too many variety of drinks? And yes, I paid for all of it. Even the ones she wrapped and gave to neighbours & friends

Ok, this is the problem though!!! If I give the missus money to spend over the Xmas period, I'm of the opinion that I've done my bit. I'm generally not good with shopping, but the kids get 'presents' from me all the time. If I was out and found anything that I consider they NEED, I buy it regardless of the cost.
Besides, as I'm home this festive period, we all went out shopping yesterday. Guess who handed the plastic at the tills in all the shops? Muggins here. Ok, I did not choose anything or take anything off the shelf but the final bill was paid by myself.
Mad for presents, though I bought none for the kids, I'll like to assume that if she is a good wife, she will tell the kids that the presents are from 'daddy & mommy'. There're over 20 wrapped packets under the Xmas tree. Friends, neighbours, family members etc were bringing presents up to last night. So the kids have plenty to open, even though not from me per se. They will get plenty in the new year.
BTW, I'm lying down here with the missus resting her head on my lap while we watch Downton Abbey. I hate the programme but as its Xmas, I'm watching it with her. I just hope she'll not keep plying me with too many variety of drinks? And yes, I paid for all of it. Even the ones she wrapped and gave to neighbours & friends
You paid all.....gee whiz an well done

Steady on Tom, let's not go over board.

Perhaps the message is particularly biased & probably from a woman's perspective, probably even written by a female.

The point I was trying to make was a general one of taking our partners for advantage sometimes perhaps. We're all guilty of being wrapped up in ourselves to see the bigger picture.

Again, just saying.

That's not exactly how you made out in your first post, so the kids did get presents. Fair enough, you should still by your mrs something though. You'll end up paying for it in the long run in ways you can't even imagine.

Maybe you should go along to the counselling VI. You may learn something about relationships. It is not about who paid what nor did this or that.
My wife has never worked for 5 years. She never signed on and effectively has no income so i pay for everything one way or another, even my own presents if i think about it.
Does it bother me.
NO and never will because I LOVE HER

Maybe you should go along to the counselling VI. You may learn something about relationships. It is not about who paid what nor did this or that.
My wife has never worked for 5 years. She never signed on and effectively has no income so i pay for everything one way or another, even my own presents if i think about it.
Does it bother me.
NO and never will because I LOVE HER

Takes two to tango.

for me this has to be a wind up.

but if it isn't you should be ashamed of yourself VI the way you treat your kids

Come on guys, let's leave it there.

Don't forget this is in the open forum & it will be seen by the general public.

It's Christmas, emotions are always high for one reason or another lets just let this one go.

We all know what the right thing to do is with regards to how one acts towards ones children & partners, I'm sure deep down IV does too.

Putting my head on the block, I'm politely asking for a mod to close this thread as I respect the guys that are posting & have formed friendships with you I would hate for something negative to occur.

Merry Christmas all.

As my OP says, she asked me what I bought for her? Admittedly, I bought her nothing and had told her I'll be buying her nothing. So by her asking me what I'd bought her, I saw an arguement comming. I gave her Xmas shopping money two weeks before Xmas. We went shopping yesterday and I paid the bills in all the shops. So as far as I'm concerned, she should've bought herself a present on my behalf (she probably did considering how relaxed she has been all day)?
Mat 9am, she came upstairs with a tray saying: 'here daddy, some breakfast for you'. It contained a glass of champaigne, two slices of toast, smoked salmon, poached eggs and two slices of orange.
Regardless of her behaviour, I can guarantee you that she could be a very happy woman if she could just concentrate and do some basic things. Anyway, I'm now upstairs watching Micheal McAntyre on BBC1.

Typical troll post by a self confessed idiot who was hoping for the violins to come out a few weeks ago because she told him it was over.

Filling some time by getting a reaction off a load of people you don't know (probably because you have not real friends to talk too) on Christmas Day. Shame on you.

If it is true, you sound like an arse who values money far too much, which will mean you are forever unhappy with your life. Anyone can wave a credit/debit card around, using some thought is what makes something special.

You'll die a lonely person unless you change your priorities pal.

Hope everyone else had a cracking Christmas with the most important people in your life close by (that doesn't include yourself V.I) and I really feel sorry for those who have suffered from the the last few days bad weather at this time of year.

Merry Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Christmas Arguements in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock