Discuss Christmas Arguements in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
When asked what I want for Xmas I always say nothing and I do mean it. I say spend it on my kids or yourself. I don't need much as I make a good living and even then give it away. Just like my old man used to.
That doesn't stop me spending fortunes on my young ins,other half and parents as these are the people who truly make my life what it is.

You spoilt them all? Peas pudding and ham? I just take them down beach and let them keep what ever sea coal they find for their own fire in their room ! Xmas spirit n all. Usually just have a nice fire in my office.

Tiny tim coming on leaps and bounds now, can almost recall all the words to fog on the Tyne ( gazza version obviously)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, this is the problem though!!! If I give the missus money to spend over the Xmas period, I'm of the opinion that I've done my bit. I'm generally not good with shopping, but the kids get 'presents' from me all the time. If I was out and found anything that I consider they NEED, I buy it regardless of the cost.
Besides, as I'm home this festive period, we all went out shopping yesterday. Guess who handed the plastic at the tills in all the shops? Muggins here. Ok, I did not choose anything or take anything off the shelf but the final bill was paid by myself.
Mad for presents, though I bought none for the kids, I'll like to assume that if she is a good wife, she will tell the kids that the presents are from 'daddy & mommy'. There're over 20 wrapped packets under the Xmas tree. Friends, neighbours, family members etc were bringing presents up to last night. So the kids have plenty to open, even though not from me per se. They will get plenty in the new year.
BTW, I'm lying down here with the missus resting her head on my lap while we watch Downton Abbey. I hate the programme but as its Xmas, I'm watching it with her. I just hope she'll not keep plying me with too many variety of drinks? And yes, I paid for all of it. Even the ones she wrapped and gave to neighbours & friends

Ok, this is the problem though!!! If I give the missus money to spend over the Xmas period, I'm of the opinion that I've done my bit. I'm generally not good with shopping, but the kids get 'presents' from me all the time. If I was out and found anything that I consider they NEED, I buy it regardless of the cost.
Besides, as I'm home this festive period, we all went out shopping yesterday. Guess who handed the plastic at the tills in all the shops? Muggins here. Ok, I did not choose anything or take anything off the shelf but the final bill was paid by myself.
Mad for presents, though I bought none for the kids, I'll like to assume that if she is a good wife, she will tell the kids that the presents are from 'daddy & mommy'. There're over 20 wrapped packets under the Xmas tree. Friends, neighbours, family members etc were bringing presents up to last night. So the kids have plenty to open, even though not from me per se. They will get plenty in the new year.
BTW, I'm lying down here with the missus resting her head on my lap while we watch Downton Abbey. I hate the programme but as its Xmas, I'm watching it with her. I just hope she'll not keep plying me with too many variety of drinks? And yes, I paid for all of it. Even the ones she wrapped and gave to neighbours & friends
You paid all.....gee whiz an well done

Steady on Tom, let's not go over board.

Perhaps the message is particularly biased & probably from a woman's perspective, probably even written by a female.

The point I was trying to make was a general one of taking our partners for advantage sometimes perhaps. We're all guilty of being wrapped up in ourselves to see the bigger picture.

Again, just saying.

That's not exactly how you made out in your first post, so the kids did get presents. Fair enough, you should still by your mrs something though. You'll end up paying for it in the long run in ways you can't even imagine.

Maybe you should go along to the counselling VI. You may learn something about relationships. It is not about who paid what nor did this or that.
My wife has never worked for 5 years. She never signed on and effectively has no income so i pay for everything one way or another, even my own presents if i think about it.
Does it bother me.
NO and never will because I LOVE HER

Maybe you should go along to the counselling VI. You may learn something about relationships. It is not about who paid what nor did this or that.
My wife has never worked for 5 years. She never signed on and effectively has no income so i pay for everything one way or another, even my own presents if i think about it.
Does it bother me.
NO and never will because I LOVE HER

Takes two to tango.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Christmas Arguements in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock