Discuss chris in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Here's a problem I've not come across before. I fitted a bath waste. Followed instructions for silicon sealing bottom washer between bath and plastic section (where you screw the trap to). Used silicon sealant instead of top washer as I normally do. When I filled the bath there were no leaks from any of the joints. But from the bottom of the actual bath came several drips. I am assuming the hole cut for the waste is allowing water into the chipboard section of the bath and seeping through the bottom. I have resealed the waste with a lot more sealant, and when it had had time to set will retest. Has anyone heard of this happening before, and could it be a manufacturing mistake? Thanks Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to chris in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys, I have just installed a pop up waste on new basin. I have siliconed the top with the washer, and the water holds inside the basin with...
Replies
Views
Total refit of of bathroom. I've got a 40mm waste from the shower running beneath the floorboards to an external wall and out. Just above where...
Replies
Views
My sister bought a new build property which has wall hung toilets, NK by Noke Porcelona The pans are all moving enough for the silicone sealant to...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Have got an old 60/70s PVC soil stack, the Toilet is going into a Hunter branded socket which has an old O-ring design (quite flat with 3...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Shower is leaking into downstairs when water is being aimed at wall . All sealant has been redone on outside and between shower tray and...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock