Currently reading:
chris

Discuss chris in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chris

Can ayone tell me how to gas rate a single appliance without turning off other appliance on same installation

Thanks

Gas rate the one that is running first then do it again with the other one running and deduct the first from the second and hope the first never modulated down while you were at it.

Better to just turn it off and do them separate. It is more sensible.

is it simply a cryptic question. Is the answer in the wording.???

you wouldn't need to turn the other appliances off if you had not first turned them on!

Can ayone tell me how to gas rate a single appliance without turning off other appliance on same installation

Thanks

Can't be done, if any other appliances are on, they must be turned off, including all pilot lights.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 74
i suppose you could total all the gas rates and see if the test came out right then youd know your appliance was rightbut if you get the wrong result you wouldnt know which appliance was wrong

i suppose you could total all the gas rates and see if the test came out right then youd know your appliance was right but if you get the wrong result you wouldnt know which appliance was wrong
probably would work ok, usally.
in theory though you could have one appliance over gassed the other under gassed, balancing each other out and disguising the fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to chris in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back