Discuss Cheap cooker fitting jobs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I have the same calls all the time. Now I just tell them its £65 for the first hour plus the cost of a new hose. If it goes over an hour it's £50 per hour after that plus any extra materials. I'd say 7 out of 10 go for it.
On another not I fitted a brand new Zanussi cooker a couple of weeks ago and the safety shut off valve didn't work when the lid was shut down. I id'd it and disconnected as you would. Zanussi and the supplier have refused to replace it and have suggested it was installed incorrectly! The elderly client hasn't had a cooker for 2 weeks and there is no number to contact Zanussi direct. I see the review rating for them is 0.8 out of 10 on a 168 reviews,9 so avoid them!

I have the same calls all the time. Now I just tell them its £65 for the first hour plus the cost of a new hose. If it goes over an hour it's £50 per hour after that plus any extra materials. I'd say 7 out of 10 go for it.
On another not I fitted a brand new Zanussi cooker a couple of weeks ago and the safety shut off valve didn't work when the lid was shut down. I id'd it and disconnected as you would. Zanussi and the supplier have refused to replace it and have suggested it was installed incorrectly! The elderly client hasn't had a cooker for 2 weeks and there is no number to contact Zanussi direct. I see the review rating for them is 0.8 out of 10 on a 168 reviews, so avoid them!

People think £20 cash in your pocket is a good payment.
They don’t realise you would struggle to earn £80 a day at that rate and then have to deduct fuel, materials and overheads
I did a boiler service (ideal vogue combi) for a family friend. As her husband just died of the big C I felt sorry for her so did it half price at £30. When she asked (again) at the end and I told her, her response was "blimey £30 for an hours work, I'm in the wrong job!"
The nicer you are the less you are thought of now days

People think £20 cash in your pocket is a good payment.
They don’t realise you would struggle to earn £80 a day at that rate and then have to deduct fuel, materials and overheads
I did a boiler service (ideal vogue combi) for a family friend. As her husband just died of the big C I felt sorry for her so did it half price at £30. When she asked (again) at the end and I told her, her response was "blimey £30 for an hours work, I'm in the wrong job!"

You cant win sometimes, best not working for friends/not immediate family

I like it when someone like a solicitor says that. I just smile and take the money.

Reply to Cheap cooker fitting jobs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Not sure what my options are here. Basically a friend of mine recommended his father in law to do our plumbing/gas work for our renovation. First...
Replies
Views
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/05/12/the-heat-pump-farce-has-finally-been-exposed/?li_source=LI&li_medium=liftigniter-rhr I realise not...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by...
Replies
Views
So I've got a gas pipe in my kitchen, but due to a miscommunication on my part it's got the wrong fitting for the cooker I intend to buy. It's got...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock