Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss changing horizontal radiator for vertical in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Can anyone advise me on changing a horizontal radiator for 2 verticals. Do they have the same output?

In my experience fancy modern vertical radiators need to be significantly larger than their horizantal cousins. It’s easy really. 1. Choose the type you want look on the spec for its output in watts...a one bar electric fire gives out 1000watts per hour. 2. Measure your existing rad length and height and it’s type...single panel, single with fins, double with one set of fins, double with two sets of fins look up the output or ask on here and see if the outputs are same. Centralheatking

In my experience, if a Xkw panel rad with fins was heating the space adequately then you need a much higher output from the posh rad, it may have the potential to also output Xkw but without convectors and a large surface to radiate from it will never match the equivalent panel rad.
Last one I did I over did it by about 50% and the room now takes longer to heat and isn't as warm as it used to be.
It's behind me now in my dining room, looks lovely but it's pretty bobbins compared to a panel rad.

Reply to changing horizontal radiator for vertical in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Show us your fanciest radiators you've installed! We would love to see them! I love this Milano vertical radiator in the kitchen space. What...
Replies
Views
Hi Does anyone recognise the make/brand of the radiator valve. It leaks when closed and Iam hoping I can replace a seal etc?
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock