Discuss CH water spillt on carpet :( in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

CXR100

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
tody whilst bleeding a rad a small amount (3-4) drips of water spillt on the carpet !! has anybody got any tips on how to remove it? lucky this was an old carpet!

plenty of soapy water and dab with kitchen roll DONT wipe it makes it worse ill have to try the wd 40 though

Do as they told you when training, use a towel to catch the crud, buy them from your charity shops, you can save your massive insurance excess every time

last year was working with another plumber in cambridge, took of an old rad and he cut the pipes (rad and drop were to go) black sludge came out the pipe when he stupidly just ripped it from the wall, onto cream carpet! panicked and ran to the cupboard and im sure he was rubbing cif into it, made one massive grey patch!
luckily when we went back there was loads of mud and bits on the carpet as turned out it was always going to be changed. funny now but wasn't at the time

tody whilst bleeding a rad a small amount (3-4) drips of water spillt on the carpet !! has anybody got any tips on how to remove it? lucky this was an old carpet!

put your foot on it when your telling the custard how good a job you've done as their handing you the cash!.

or get some scissors out!

a carpet cleaner is pretty effective at removing black water,trust me i know:smartass2::cry_smile:

put your foot on it when your telling the custard how good a job you've done as their handing you the cash!.

or get some scissors out!

bet lots of your custards have a surprise when they move house and out goes their double bed!!!!!!!!!!!!

What you talking about? It was there before you started :)

i carry 1001 carpet trouble shooter in the van saved me a few times !!

customer is always right, long live the stanley knife :stupid: look up one more!

Last edited by a moderator:
If you can't clean it, own up to it! You can guarantee they won't be a repeat customer if you try to hide it!

Still can't beat the time I was sweating an elbow off a pipe then put the hot grips down on the carpet!! I eventually plucked up the courage to tell the customer and they replied "I appreciate your honesty, but don't worry as we are having a new one fitted tomorrow!!" I have never felt relief like it!!

I did something similar. Took a rad off taped up the ends even turned the rad upside down then confidently strode through the house with said rad. Stopped in the kitchen and looked behind to see a trail of thick black sludge! Worst still I had moved the sofas in to the centre of the room and they and the Carpets were covered in jet black drops. I had forgot I had un done the bleed screw! Rented a carpet cleaner got everything mint in about 4 hours, I told the customer who said that the sofa and carpet were going in the skip the next day! I still have the sofas, they were to clean to throw away!!!!!!! Moral always own up, you might get a free sofa

I carry a magna clean demo jar in my van for times like these still cover up and be carfull but we are all done or going to get black heating water on a nice cream carpet at some point.
strip magnet from demo jar spray carpet with water roll magnet over carpet wipe magnet and keep repeating till clean do not be tempted to rub carpet as you will clean it to much and you will have to clean the whole room, had one bad one last year when dry you could not tell.this way has worked best for me happy cleaning
magna clean used to give you a free demo jar but i think they charge £12.00 now or if you buy so many filters in one month you can get one free

A wet vac can save you if you dont rub it first - it worked well for me!

Remember a carpet cleaner is a wet vac after all . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to CH water spillt on carpet :( in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have flushed a CH system removed each Rad and removed any residue of black sludge filled the system up and treated with inhibitor. However after...
Replies
Views
Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed...
Replies
Views
Hello. I've just replaced our old Potterton EP2 CH controller with a Drayton Wiser HubR (& peripherals). The old backing plate wasn't...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm going to replace the 3 way vale on my open heating system. Hoping someone can advise. In the picture, to isolate the valve I am going to...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock