Discuss Central heating not heating house to desired temperature - Weather Compensator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

matthew.austen

I had a new Vaillant Boiler (ecoTEC plus 831) and Weather Compensator (VRC 470f) fitted a while back but during the recent cold weather have noticed the house isn't reaching temperature.

I have the desired temperate set at 21oC but on cold days it can take hours for the house to reach this temperature when the outside temperature is around 5oC. I've noticed the radiators are generally warm but not hot and the boiler display shows the central heating water is around 40oC. The night temperate is set at 18oC and regularly drops below this level.

At first it though it maybe a problem with the radiators and plumbing which is quite old but now not sure as I don't think the boiler is heating the water hot enough. Surely when it's cold and the desired temperature hasn't been met the boiler should be heating the water up to 75oC?

Any ideas what could be causing this issue? Hot water provided by the boiler is fine.

Thanks in advance.

Speak to Vaillant these weather compensators are'nt set as a roomstat out of the box so until it is set-up as a roomstat it wo'nt work.I can't find anywere in the instuctions explaining how you do this.On the two occasions Iv'e fitted them a Vaillant eng.had to come out to set it up,I was'nt there to learn how he did it

I'd prefer to use the product as designed. I also get the same issue when setting it in party mode which I understand makes it work like a room stat.

Thanks

The heat curve is too low. It's probably set to about 1 and should be nearer 2.

Some experimentation will be required to get it right.

Read the 470f Installation Manual

Easy test push the two buttons on the boiler with a ladder and two brackets under them. Push and hold them together. Boiler will take off and rads will melt defo comp issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Central heating not heating house to desired temperature - Weather Compensator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock