Discuss CDI Compact. Wiring loom, loose wire with block what's it for? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi guys went and piped up a compact CDI today, first day doing one of these and was impressed with it. Was having a nosy around it because i'll be back there Monday to finish off the install. There was a block with 2 blue wires coming out of it that was hanging loose and i couldn't see another connector block that it should be plugged in to and i couldn't find anything in the manual. It cable tied up with the main loom if that helps.

Maybe it has just come loose from a component but i didn't see anything obvious. Any ideas? long shot I know.

Thanks.

There is always a couple of extra blocks hanging about in worcesters.

I've noticed them when servicing not sure what they do though, it might be a universal loom.

I haven't noticed any spare blocks on worcesters before. Hopefully this thread jogs someones memory and they know.

Always spare connectors in the Worcester s more so in the system as its the same shell and loom as the juniors

I don't know what its for, but it doesn't connect to anything so nothing to worry about.

Ok perhaps that is the case here. I'll find out when I switch it on :)

If it is the little blue connector block then it doesn't connect to anything, I have been fitting a lot of the si compacts and its the same on them.

mfgs so it doesn't connect to anything for certain, you know this?

I wouldn't worry about it. if it is missing from its home it can't be a million miles away.

Like I said before there is always spare plugs I'm Worcester boilers.

Power her up and you will soon know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to CDI Compact. Wiring loom, loose wire with block what's it for? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

C
Ive moved into a house with a worcester greenstar 35 HE plus boiler in the garage. The TR2 thermostat controller is hanging loose on the wall in...
Replies
Views
    • Useful
Hi I have just changed a Siemens 3 port midway Actuator, now I only changed like for like at the Main terminal box, but when I switched the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
P
Hi there, please help dont have a clue how to set this up. Ive recently installed a complete new central heating system in my house myself. The...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I have an issue with my bathroom sink. It's been "blocking" regularly, maybe once a month, for at least 3 years. The sink fills with...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock