Search the forum,

Discuss Cap of Crosswater Design Tap stuck to Cartridge in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

Yat

Hi All

Once again I call upon you good citizens to help me in my quest.

I have a Crosswater Design Monobloc tap that is leaking. I got a new cartridge and followed the video in the Crosswater site in how to change the cartridge.

I managed to remove the cap under the handle and unscrew the grub screw but the cap with the handle will not come off. It appears the Nylon pillar of the cartridge has stuck firmly to the slot in the cap of the tap.

I am reluctant to use too much force to prise the cap off. Is there any "tricks of the trade" I can use to get the cap off. Then I can unscrew the collar and loosen the holding nut to extract the old cartridge.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Regards

Yattie

If it's the type of tap I think it is there's no need to take the top off, only the shroud. If you open the tap fully (after turning off water) then remove the shroud there's usually enough space to get a Bahco spanner in there to remove the body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cap of Crosswater Design Tap stuck to Cartridge in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

How do i replace the quarter turn cartridge on this cooke & lewis ricci bath mixer tap . Normally there is a grub screw somewhere to take the...
Replies
Views
I need to change the washer on the dripping hot tap in the photo, does anybody know how to remove the dome tap handle, there's no fixings or grub...
Replies
Views
Hi, I was hoping someone might be able to help with this. The tap is a Bristan RS BAS C, the hot tap has been leaking and I've trying to get the...
Replies
Views
I need to replace the washer of my kitchen mixer tap as it is leaking. I was able to remove the spout once by unscrewing the screw on the back of...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi. I have Charlton Mixer Tap in my shower i.e. thermostat and water control. I need to change the cartridge in the tap as it is dripping badly...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock