Discuss Cant drain combination cylinder to change immersions ???? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
at the bottom of the cold there should be a pipe poking up from the bottom feeding the bottom cylinder. push the hose down there till it hits the bottom. take the other end of the hose as low as possible to somwhere you can drain it suck the water out. or you can maybe pump water back up it to get it going. also putting in a drain valve might be a good idea while its empty.

Thoourght thats what you ment great i will do that can i ask just one more? Do you think i could get away with a 10m hose or will i run out of puff ??

You might manage. I sometimes push the hose up against a tap to fill it with water to get it started. just make sure not to swallow any water if you do decide to suck it.

The way I do it is to fill the hose with water, keep one end in container to be drained, block other end with finger and poke into drain. If this doesn't work I try sucking.

I always suck. I'll suck a mouth full of filthy water out of an over-filled f+e, a mouth full of crusty bitty water out of a WC cistern, this job has turned me into a man without any squeamishness - even where it would be sensible. I'll run my hands around a toilet to tighten up a toilet seat and then eat my sandwiches without washing my hands.

I always suck. I'll suck a mouth full of filthy water out of an over-filled f+e, a mouth full of crusty bitty water out of a WC cistern, this job has turned me into a man without any squeamishness - even where it would be sensible. I'll run my hands around a toilet to tighten up a toilet seat and then eat my sandwiches without washing my hands.

Will remember not to shake your hand if I ever meet ya then!

Meh, I'm still alive. The way I see it is any hygeine beyond that which is strictly necessary to prevent you getting ill is superfluous.

.....Hardcore!

Yes a wetvac will start the syphon process, I can't believe most of you guys still don't have a wetvac, to hell with sucking on a dirty hosepipe. :rifle:

.....Hardcore!

Yes a wetvac will start the syphon process, I can't believe most of you guys still don't have a wetvac, to hell with sucking on a dirty hosepipe. :rifle:

Problem with vet vac is wet vacs are around 10-20 litre, tanks are 120 litre plus, so thats at least 6-12 trips up and down to the loft, also mine seems to leak when it is full, really, really annoying.

I have seen those hose pumps you can get, which are powered from the drill turning, just never got round to getting fittings for hose

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cant drain combination cylinder to change immersions ???? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock