Discuss Can't believe the price of boiler spares! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0ft

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Anyone want to manufacture a boiler with me? I reckon there is money to be made in that game! £230 for a fan for an 8 year old WB combi. That's the cheapest price I could find anywhere locally or online.

Someone is making a killing and it isn't me!

I did! Feeling a bit sorry for the old geezer that's forking out for it though.

Why? Did you fit it or recommend it? I agree though the prices are mental.

And yet we don't go into the spares business because we can't work out how to make a profit out of it.

Either you are a primary stockist (buying direct from the manufacturers on best terms) in which case you have to commit to carrying the entire range of spares for their 15 year back catalogue. IIRC, the stock commitment for Vaillant ALONE was over £100,000.

Or you are a secondary stockist, buying from primart stockists. In which case margins are thin and there is always someone on the internet cheaper than you.

And just like your customers underestimate your overheads, you guys under-estimate a stockists overheads.

Joking aside, if I thought we could break-even in spares, we would be doing it (because of the added footfall it brings).

But we cant. Not even at those prices.

I was called to a Biasa on tuesday with no power, The PCB is gone and a new one costs £240 + vat and i rekon the boiler only cost £400 brand new ,,,, me personally i would rather bite the bullit and rip the heap out,

What boiler is it? I bought a fan for a 28cdi yesterday £66+ vat.

And yet we don't go into the spares business because we can't work out how to make a profit out of it.

Either you are a primary stockist (buying direct from the manufacturers on best terms) in which case you have to commit to carrying the entire range of spares for their 15 year back catalogue. IIRC, the stock commitment for Vaillant ALONE was over £100,000.

Or you are a secondary stockist, buying from primart stockists. In which case margins are thin and there is always someone on the internet cheaper than you.

And just like your customers underestimate your overheads, you guys under-estimate a stockists overheads.

Joking aside, if I thought we could break-even in spares, we would be doing it (because of the added footfall it brings).

But we cant. Not even at those prices.

Keep toeing the line Ray, we will eventually believe you.

On a less serious note, are you saying you can't get decent prices on spares for boilers you sell?
Wouldn't you want to back up the people you sell boilers to with cheaper than average cost spares?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can't believe the price of boiler spares! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock