Discuss cannot find return pipe for bathroom radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesky

Gas Engineer
i have converted a regular boiler to combination one, there is a 15mm pipe after the pump and i found it was the flow for the radiator in the bathroom, however this radiator is not hot although all the others work fine, i am thinking something wrong with the return pipe but cannot find it at all, anyone has met this kind of thing before?

cheers in advance

Hi mate it sounds like the old radiator was run from the primary flow and return. What did you do with the old primary return pipe work? Did you just cap it in the airing cupboard?

what are you saying ? that there isnt a flow and return pipe ? just one pipe ?? think a picture or two may help

Are you saying there is only one pipe connected to the radiator ??

As APPlumbing says in the old days it was common to run a rad off the primary flow and return so that you had heat in the bathroom for drying whenever you had the system set to heat water but as in summer you did not want the house warmed. You will need to track the pipes and re-connect. Sometimes on older systems this rad was on a gravity loop but this depends on the age of the property.

many thanks all,

i removed the pump, capped the flow for DHW, connected the primary flow and primary return, there is a bypass and i capped it, there is a 15mm pipe going to the bathroom radiator, however i cannot find a 15mm return pipe for the radiator, the pipe for the radiator is under wooden floor, how can i get sure it is connected to the primary return already?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to cannot find return pipe for bathroom radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock