Currently reading:
Can you fit any pressure reducing valve/ multiblock on unvented.

Discuss Can you fit any pressure reducing valve/ multiblock on unvented. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Millsy 82

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Assuming the pressures are the same can I fit a standard pressure reducing valve/ multiblock or do I have to fit manufacturers specific?

At the moment i have a grant duowave with a megaflo multiblock but the block is leaking the grant one I can get in a couple of days but I can get a standard one tomorrow. (caleffi one like the ones you get with cheaper unvented)

The cylinder in question was a grant duowave cylinder with a megaflo multibloc no paperwork and they have literally just bought the house. So not really worried about a warranty as chances are it's not registered etc.

My theory was as long as it's the same spec as manufacturers spec then no problem.
Have you contacted the manufacturer yourself?

Never knew that mate, cheers for the info. But to be honest, that would have been what I did first, before coming on here. I could have saved myself some time.

You really have one on you tonight.

I did google it and made sure that I could get the exact same specification valve. I then came on here to ask other peoples opinions. I honestly thought that's what this forum was about. Maybe I should just know everything, oh then I wouldnt be on here would I? I would be on facebook swinging my foot long around shouting look at me I'm perfect whilst talking down to people I think are not up to my standard.

On the subject(ish) wouldn’t it be a good idea to have a scheme a bit like MOT where a G3 registered guy/gal could go online to log annual services - this would aid in safety and warranty issues.
You could argue the same for boilers

You really have one on you tonight.

I did google it and made sure that I could get the exact same specification valve. I then came on here to ask other peoples opinions. I honestly thought that's what this forum was about. Maybe I should just know everything, oh then I wouldnt be on here would I? I would be on facebook swinging my foot long around shouting look at me I'm perfect whilst talking down to people I think are not up to my standard.
That’s why I’m not on Facebook :D:D. I will
Leave you too it mate. I honestly hope it all works out for you.

Reply to Can you fit any pressure reducing valve/ multiblock on unvented. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock