Search the forum,

Discuss Can you anyone tell me what fittings these are? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
1.5" solvent weld plastic comes through wall from kitchen sink and down into this.

Needs repiping due to bad joint. Would ideally like to pipe down as low as I can go without disturbing the bits actually in the floor but don't recognise the fittings below the coupler. Couldn't even feel certain it was plastic at the bottom just from looking and touching. What am I dealing with here?

Thanks

14acs5y.jpg

242tvu9.jpg

15p1iy1.jpg

Iron / steel pipe in the floor

Depends how brace you feel

Two options

Replace as existing converting from threaded to plastic via a female iron

Or

Option two undo the piece out of the tee and use a male iron straight into the tee

Ignore that second opinion

As it looks like they've broken / cut the steel pipe flush and jammed some 11/4 in :D

So only option is to dig down and fernco a joint on the horizontal steel pipe and replace in plastic

could try and cut the male thread in the tee from the inside and peel it away but that depends how solid it is

Cut it all out heat up the threaded stub and remove with stillsons, you can buy a 11/4BSP to 32mm solvent weld adaptor increase in size if needed to get you away from the iron swept tee then repipe as necessary . cheers kop

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can you anyone tell me what fittings these are? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Everyone, Can anyone help? I have been searching but with no luck. I am trying to fit a Duravit shower trap which has a 50mm outside diameter euro pipe size outlet. I need to attach it to a 40mm UK size waste pipe and would prefer to solvent weld it as the pipe will be under a tiled...
Replies
Views
[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing with it as a matter of course. If I'm wrong can someone let me know and I'll shift it to a better place.] I have a condensing boiler installation...
Replies
Views
Mixture of miss measuring and changing of products to get something to fit the sink has left me with the below issue. Plumbing coming from the sink is not fixed yet, on the pipe on the vertical down was just a scrap being used to see if I could force it, trap off to the right a second sink is...
Replies
Views
Hello hello,, Hoping there are some experts or experienced Bulgarian plumbing chaps in this site ?. Here in the UK I can fit a bathroom just with the experience I have picked up over a lifetime. I can make copper pipe runs isolaters taps sink shower etc but me and the missus have bought a small...
Replies
Views
Our boiler is in the loft and I encountered a leak in a roof above our side extension store room which has transpired to be from the boiler condensate pipe. It was cracked at an elbow so the plumber we use has replaced this and hopefully all will be well with that joint. This later prompted me...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock