Discuss Can Grundfos UPS2 fail slowly? in the UK Plumbers Forums area at PlumbersForums.net

So the boiler pumps up through the mag filter and onwards to the pump. Should the filter not be before the boiler? Or is that being idealistic. Anyhow, the filter appears clean at the moment, I do it twice weekly.
How would I go about unblocking this? Cutting it out and cleaning it then using compression couplers to it back on? Thanks so much for your time. It's much appreciated.
Ideally, yes the filter should be on the return just before the boiler. It would be very unusual to have two pumps in the system if this is what you are inferring by saying the "boiler pumps up through the mag.filter."
You should carry out the suggestion above by draining off some water and see if the ball cock starts making up water into the F&E tank as rapidly as its being drained off, that will show if the cold feed is clear, at least

Should also have asked if HW circulates without alarming if HW only selected, esure the red gate valve on the coil return is at least 1 full turrn open.

Reply to Can Grundfos UPS2 fail slowly? in the UK Plumbers Forums area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock