Discuss Can copper piping be used for condensate drain pipe from combi boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
And lagged and increased to 1 1/4" if external or just increased to 1 1/4 if over 3m in length.

Hi Everyone,

Just like to thank everyone for their contributions and advice. Really appreciated it all as I didn't realise the implications of using copper piping for the condensate pipe

no plastic pipe should cause a problem if installed correctly. Get the engineer back, or get a better engineer in.

A friend of mine smelt gas in his kitchen, turns out the condense connection at the boiler was dripping on to the copper gas pipe and had eaten through the copper causing the leak. Condense is acidic, that is why you have to use plastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can copper piping be used for condensate drain pipe from combi boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I made a few days ago but can't seem to find I'm in a bit of a bind with my CH design where I want to...
Replies
Views
Engineer has installed several boilers for me. All the condensate pipes have been connected externally into soil stack or rain water downpipe. In...
Replies
Views
Hello, bit of a noob question but would someone be able to help me to understand the pipes coming off our boiler. It's a Grant oil combi boiler...
Replies
Views
I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 15i condenser boiler which is about 13 years old. There is a separate hot water tank. Recently the fan in the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock