Discuss Calculation for HEAT INPUT in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

steve799

Hello.

If i know the HEAT OUPUT of a gas fire for example how would i use this to calculate the heat INPUT of this appliance if the data badge is not available. what is the correct formula for example if my heat output on a fire is 7.5kw ?
thanks

Depends on design and operation of fire
you would have to contact manufacturer or see if you can find details on their web site

it is impossible to calculate as it depends on how efficient the fire is, you can do a gas rate calculation which will work out how much gas it is burning, but without the HI from the manufacturer to compare against it isnt very helpful.

no way to know but if you gas rate it this will tell you heat input
if output is 7.5kw then fire is likely to be in the 6.7kw range..do the calculation and if its above 7.5 or way low at below 6 then suspect a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Calculation for HEAT INPUT in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I have a WorcesterBosch Greenstar 42CDi classic combi, which is providing DHW fine, but not heating. Was working fine in spring...
Replies
Views
S
Happy New Year everyone! I need a little help on figuring out what's wrong with my central heating (CH) system. I'm in a new house, and I know...
Replies
Views
Sam Wain
S
Hi My grandmothers property has a back boiler heated by a solid fuel appliance using coal. Yes, I know. She’s stubborn! Unfortunately the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can I pick your brains? My boiler is often reluctant to start, sometimes it does, sometimes it seems that it will if the demand is from the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I have a Kohlangaz Gosford HE gas fire. It has recently been serviced but when it is set to it's lowest heat output setting using the Remote...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock