Discuss C/H pump not working unless HW is switched off in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

At the moment, until rectified, you have a mid position valve, so any fault finding will/should apply with this type of installation. You should be able to follow this link fairly logically to identify your present problem.
When you say the CH pump doesn't run then if referring to the circulation pump, the boiler isn't firing either?

Y Plan central heating system (flameport.com)
Yes that is exactly what is happening, boiler switches off, pump stops, then all is good if I switch off the HW.

Yes, understood, but is there only one (or two) 2 port valves being installed, if only one, then the diverter valve must still operate IMO as normal but with the extra security of a normally closed two port valve.

Yes, understood, but is there only one (or two) 2 port valves being installed, if only one, then the diverter valve must still operate IMO as normal but with the extra security of a normally closed two port valve.
the original 3-port valve is still fitted, I intend to fit an additional 2-port valve and wire up in accordance with the Kingspan installation guide.

Reply to C/H pump not working unless HW is switched off in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock