Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Builders not wanting to zone house. in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. gingalig

gingalig GSR

It's what my house is made of.

2. dan_the_plumber

dan_the_plumber GSR

Honeywell electronic TRV’s might be a good way around this.

3. dan_the_plumber

dan_the_plumber GSR

Honeywell electronic TRV’s might be a good way around this.

4. fixitflav

fixitflav Member

You can say that again! Hang on, you did

5. Matt0029

Matt0029 GSR

just read up on these. Is the use of these an acceptable alternative to zoning by running two circuits. As each room is programmable?

6. dan_the_plumber

dan_the_plumber GSR

I was reading about them recently. I think they might be an acceptable alternative. You’re best off phoning Honeywell technical helpline. They’re really good and will be able to advise fully.

• Like Like x 1
  7. gingalig

gingalig GSR

Was there any definitive answer on the Honeywell system ?

8. AWheating

AWheating Trusted Plumber GSR

Just zone one rad next to boiler.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. dan_the_plumber

dan_the_plumber GSR

Sorry I did speak to Honeywell a while back but don’t remember exactly what they said. I ended up doing 4 completely separate Heating zones and a hot water zone for a block of 4 flats

10. gingalig

gingalig GSR

L1a seems pretty clear that the pipe work has to be zoned, L1b seems a slightly grey area, as in when major refurb or replacement there's is a requirement to bring up to standard, I think I'm best to phone honeywell and see if the evo system is adequate or whether you could argue the toss In terms of compliance, no own seems to be definitive on it, and I'm sure there's a whole bunch of upgraded systems out there that are not strictly to regs as the cost could be prohibitive.

• Like Like x 1